41

(TW??~ Implications of prior smut)

Roman laid there in bed, Virgil flush against his chest, in nothing but his boxers as he held his mate as close as he could. He just couldn't take his eyes off the man in his arms. God, he loved him so much. Roman smiled fondly as he traced the white mark on Virgil's neck with his fingertips. He was just waiting at this point... waiting for his love to wake up. The night prior had been... amazing. By the time his wolf had had enough waiting, Roman didn't even feel the pain anymore. He was more than happy to just give in and let go. Virgil had shared such an intimate moment with him and at no point during any of what they did, did Virgil seem scared or hurt. They were just... together... in love... mates.

When his fear finally left him Roman couldn't have been happier. When he finally marked Virgil all he could feel was this... connection. A burst of energy... a sense of completion. He felt... whole. He felt Virgil's heart beating against his chest and he sighed happily just melting into the moment. He really couldn't have been any happier. Everything was perfect. He had his mate. He had his pack. And soon Virgil will have his parents back too... Everything was going just as it should have been and Roman was in heaven.

Everything was perfect...

Roman lit up as Virgil shifted over him, hugging him closer as his heart raced. He just couldn't get over the fact that they were both FINALLY marked. Their bond was fully formed. He was so happy. Virgil hummed as his eyes fluttered open and Roman was met with those lovely icy hazel eyes. He couldn't help but purr.

"My love... You're awake." Virgil hummed louder as he fixed himself till he was laying literally on top of the other, thankfully Roman had cared for him and at least helped him back into his boxers... not that it mattered considering. "How are you feeling?"

"Bliss." Virgil whispered out with a hushed tone making Roman blush with pride. Virgil smiled as he leaned in against him nuzzling his nose into Roman's mark making the other sigh. "I love you."

"I love you, my sweet." Roman chuckled before rolling them both over and pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "I hope your rest was pleasant?" Virgil rolled his eyes as he nodded, knowing full well that Roman knew it was. Roman only smiled more as he moved away only to grab a plate, letting Virgil sit up with a look in his eyes. "To get some energy back." Roman smiled awkwardly as Virgil took the plate and started to nibble away at the sandwich. "I hope you don't mind. I... I actually asked Colt to make it. He came in to check on us knowing I really didn't want to see the others yet. I asked him to... I just didn't want to leave you. Not for one single second..." Virgil giggled as shook his head playfully.

"It's ok, Ro. I understand. I didn't want to either." Roman's eyes shined as Virgil smiled as he nibbled away, taking small bites just staring into his eyes. "I didn't want to leave you either. I only ever left to eat and to get you food but... by that time you'd woken up."

"I'm really sorry, Virgil."

"It's ok. I know what happened. I'm just happy we got past it." Virgil purred as Roman placed his hand gently over the smaller's mark. "Together forever, right?"

"Always, My love." Virgil just rolled his eyes softly as he finished up his sandwich only for both the alphas to jump at the sound of a loud crash. Their eyes shot wide as they jumped out of bed as fast as they could.

"You sure they're ok?" Remus mumbled anxiously as he paced about the room. Colt only nodded as he looked around at everyone's worried faces. Patton handed out cookies as Colt followed with his eyes. That's one thing he didn't like about being a ghost. He missed the treats. He had no physical form so he couldn't eat anything.

"I just checked up on them not that long ago. Virgil was still asleep but Roman was better than he had been since we got here. I'm telling you they're ok." Remus nodded although still clearly anxious. Colt sighed as he glanced around taking in everyone's nervous expressions. Well... nervous until, Janus's head snapped up with a low growl. Logan frowned a bit in concern only to tense up. Something must be wrong. As Beta's their senses are as strong as an Alpha's. They shared a look before nodding to each other. Janus was up within seconds,  super speeding out the door leaving them all behind.