49

"So that's the plan, right?" Thomas called out as the group all nodded. They had run to him the second they felt they were safe enough too. Since the Colt issue, Thomas had set up a bunkhouse he didn't even tell Virgil about just to be safe. That's where they all were at the moment. Thomas's eyes scanned the group taking in everyone's long faces until he stopped at Virgil and frowned. "Kiddo?"

"He's in pain." Virgil whispered his eyes a bright purple. "Roman... he's in pain."

"I know it's hard, Virgil but..." Virgil tensed up making Thomas hesitate as he went to hold his hand to help ground him. "We're going to get Roman back. I swear it." "

We can't get him back if we don't know what he's under. Right now he's in agony. He's... crying out... crying out for it to just end." Patton gasped as Virgil chocked on his sobs. "He's in pain, Thomas. He's in pain because of me... b-because of who I am."

"No. He's in pain because of Willow." Thomas cut in quick to shut down all those nasty thoughts. "Just as there are bad people in this world... there are bad wolves... bad witches. Willow let herself plummet into that darkness for a taste of power and now she's grasping at straws for more. You can't blame yourself for the actions of a broken mind. Willow is beyond saving... Roman is not. Please don't blame yourself."

"I... I'm sorry." Virgil smiled softly as his tears fell hard. "It's just hard. You know how I am. And now Roman is... and I can't..." Virgil held his hands up showing just how shakey they are and Thomas sighed in understanding. "He's my mate, Thomas... and I can't be with him because that bitch has him under her control."

"I know. I can understand that, Virgil. However, we must stick with the plan."

"THE PLAN?" Virgil shot up with a growl, his eyes glowing purple as he laughed. "The plan's going to get everyone killed. You're telling us all to wait. You're telling ME to wait, meanwhile, my mate is suffering."

"We don't have a choice." Thomas shot back making Virgil deflate. "If we go in now without any information we are screwed. We have no way to combat this and if she gets you... it's all over."

"So that's what it is." Virgil rolled his eyes as he started for the rooms. He was tired and done with everything. "You're just trying to keep me from getting spelled too. Can't let the bitch get her weapon right."

"Virgil, you know that's not what I..." Virgil slammed the door shut cutting Thomas off as he clutched his arms tightly. He couldn't take it. He just wanted his mate. He... He had to see him. Why couldn't he see him?

"I don't understand." Remy's voice flitted through the air as he looked over to see his love asleep on the side of the couch. His mind was reeling. He couldn't quite grasp why this was happing. "How is it that Roman..." Remy flinched expecting to hear the pained cries of Emile but none came. His eyes darted over to the young alpha who was just sitting there eyes closed. His hands were trembling as his face twitched. "What happened to you?"

"T-To me?" Remy's eyes only darkened in concern as Roman shook his head. "Y-You don't w-want to... to know."

"Roman?" Remy's voice was soft as he pushed himself to the edge of the couch. "Ro..." Colt snapped up finally noticing the shaking and paled.

"Roman, stop fighting." Remy's eyes went wide as Roman just smiled. Colt growled as Roman finally opened his eyes to reveal his rapid-fire shifting eyes. "Stop fighting her. The more you fight the more control she has."

"I... I can't." Roman's tears spilled as he shook his head desperately trying to stay in control of himself. "Can't fight her... But can't stop fighting her. Hard... It's too hard t-to explain. Just... I don't... don't want to b-be her puppet."

"Roman, I understand but if you fight her now you won't be able to stop yourself from doing anything in the future." Roman frowned as he looked over at the ghost wolf before shaking his head again making Colt crash. "Roman, please? I'm just trying to help."

"I'm not letting her... con... control... me." Roman growled as he curled into himself. "Can't hurt... Virgil. Love him... Can't... Can't do it. She won't... won't... wo... ma.. make me. Shit, no!" Roman tensed eyes going black before shifting again. It was like a war in his eyes. The red grasping at anything it could get to stay fighting. A band of rouge without even a single knife... While the black was an army with automatic guns. It was hardly a battle but that didn't stop him from trying. "Won't fall... I won't fall."

"Roman, please tell me what happened to you... before you can't?" Roman's eyes met with Remy's as he smiled softly.

"I was just... just trying to get information." Remy frowned as he nodded egging the other to continue. "I made... made... I told you I would. Told... Colt I would." Roman twitched forcing him to curl up as he grunted in pain. "I fucked up. I was just so h-happy... just so... I was proud. She asked about my mark... mentioned... I mentioned Virgil." Remy's eyes narrowed as Roman panted obviously exhausted from the strain of fighting the spell off. "When I went to ask her about Colt... she attacked. Lo... l-loc-cked me in. I couldn't breathe. T-Too dark... Too dark t-too cold... too... too cold. She wants Virgil. Attacked... Attacked the pack for his... his father... wants him since she failed. Can't let her have him. I can't let her have him!" Roman's aura flared out making Colt's and Remy both jump in shock seeing how the red stuck the black seemingly retreated but still obviously there. "I love him. I love him more than anything. Whatever happens to me, do not let her get him. I don't care what you have to do. If it comes down to it Remy... You end me. Do not hesitate."