29

"Virgil? My love?" Roman sat there in the car holding Virgil close to his chest as Janus drove them back to his pack house. "Take a right up here, Jan." Janus nodded as Roman turned back to his mate. "Virgil? We're nearly there. Hey... Hun?" Roman sighed as he gently brushed Virgil's bags back with a sight frown. He's been getting worried. Since the attack, Virgil's been sleeping a lot. He's woken up but after a while he'd just go back to sleep. Roman didn't know what was wrong and his need to protect and care for his mate was started to get to him. "Love, I know you're tired but you need to wake now. You've been sleeping for so long." Virgil mumbled tiredly as he fussed and grabbed Roman's arm. Roman softened as he trailed his fingers through his hair. "My love?" Virgil sighed as his eyes fluttered a bit making Roman smile happily. "Hey. Good morning, sunshine."

"Good? When are morning ever good?" Virgil teased as Roman just rolled his eyes. "I take it we're nearly there?"

"Nope." Roman giggled as he pointed to this large archway at the start of a very long driveway. "We ARE there. Turn at the arch, Jan." Virgil's eyes narrowed in confusion as Janus took them down this really long road just taking in all the sights. There were all these pretty flowers and trees lining the way. Virgil glanced off in the distance noticing this thing way off in the field... a training ring? Roman laughed as he held Virgil close to his chest. "Don't worry, Love. I know it's much but trust me... You're gonna love it."

"I'm not worried about loving it here, Roman. I'm just... confused." Virgil frowned as he looked upfront to see Remus griping his seat tightly, eyes shifted as he looked around. "Why do we have to come here?"

"Because you and Roman are mates, Virge." Remus spoked softly obviously hiding a shake and making Virgil narrowed his eyes more in worry. "We need to talk as a pack... well packs."

"Why though?"

"Because Virgil... you and Roman are bound to be together. That makes our packs bound to each other." Janus cut in as he smiled softly through the rearview. "You... You aren't going to deny him, right?" Virgil could feel Roman tense up bad and his face paled.

"Of course not." 

"Than we all need to figure out what to do." Virgil frowned as he shook his head and just glared at his packmates. 

"But why?"

"Because mates cannot be apart far too long a period of time." Virgil's eyes shot wide as he looked over to see Colt sitting there beside him just staring at the window. His eyes were narrowed in a very soft yet sad expression. "It's a nice place he's got here. Plenty of room to run... Far better for a wolf than what either of us had." Virgil had a slight panic over Colt. He knew logically only he could see him but he couldn't help but fear someone would snap. 

"The bond Virgil..." Roman muttered as Virgil's frown only grew. "It's... painful for two mates to be apart. Our wolves don't like it... it's very hard... I... I know that I at least got very jumpy and testy. I couldn't relax for even a second." Virgil's eyes widened a bit as Roman subconsciously held him tighter. "I didn't what was wrong just that everything was getting to me. My wolf was writhing. It took a lot in me just to keep... stable?"

"You're an alpha too, bro." Roman snapped up as Remus giggled softly. "It's going to a hell of a lot worse for you guys. Alpha's a clingy bitches." Janus paled as Remus just smiled brightly. Janus shot a look back fully expecting Roman to be about ready to rip Remus apart for what he said but... Roman laughed. Remus's eyes went wide sharing a shot look with his mate as Roman's laughter filled the room.  Virgil smiled as he looked up to see Roman blushed with embarrassment but still laughed happy as ever.

"You aren't wrong." Roman chuckled as he let out a soft breath. "If there's one thing I've been this entire week... It's been clingy as fuck." Roman met with Virgil's eyes as he relaxed a bit and just melted in his love's presence. "I mean... I couldn't leave you for a second, even though your scent sent me reeling."

"Speaking of which." Roman tensed as Virgil moved slightly to press a hand to Roman's cheek. "You're still pretty heated."

"I'm gonna be Virgil." Roman frowned as he looked back at the other two who both had a knowing expression. Although, Roman also could see the warning glare that Janus was giving him. "Things will calm down the more I'm with you. I already feel better."

"He's lying." Virgil jumped as Colt growled beside him. It was at this point he was exceedingly glad no one else could see or hear him. "It's not going to go away until you two complete the bond." Virgil frowned as Roman just smiled and looked away wanting the subject to be dropped. "I am... surprised though." Virgil shot the ghostly pack member an odd look as Colt shrugged. "He's not pushing you. He's lying to keep you from feeling like you have to do anything. That man... For an alpha he's... stupidly selfless. I couldn't even wait for my mate..."

"That wasn't you." 

"What?" Virgil froze as he looked back at Roman who frowned in confusion only for his eyes to glow red. "Virgil?" A short growl escaped Roman's lips and Virgil could see the panic in Colt's eyes.

"I'm not here. I'm sorry." Colt whispered as he shot his alpha a sad look. "I didn't mean to. I don't even know how I got here..."

"Roman, don't." Roman's eyes narrowed as he glanced behind his love seeing nothing but empty air. It didn't matter. He couldn't see anything but he sure as hell could feel something. This rush of guilt poured through him along with a sense of concern. It didn't deter him a bit.

"Virgil, who is it?" The two up front frowned as Virgil glanced around only to shake his head.

"It's no one. I don't know what you're..." 

"Virgil, you can't lie." Virgil jumped as Colt snapped in suddenly. Janus gripped the steering wheel tightly as he glared back at his alpha.

"You're lying, Virgil." Janus growled as Roman nodded in agreement. Remus was just highly confused as Colt sighed and hugged himself.

"Janus's gift allows him to know when a person is lying to him. He can see through them and determine what is the truth." Virgil's eyes went wide as Colt frowned obviously highly anxious. "He can even fumble his words up making people really confused or get you to believe anything that he says. You can't lie around him. He'll know."

"What am I supposed to do then?" Virgil whispered making the whole car go silent. "I... I uh... How..."

"Virgil?" Roman frowned as he gently took his love's hand. He could feel the overpowering anxiety from him and whoever else it was. "It's ok. You don't have to keep things from us. You don't have to tell me anything. I just... I want to keep you safe."

"It's not that I don't trust you, Roman." Virgil frowned as he looked over at his two other packmates while Colt just laughed.

"I don't."

"Not now." Virgil whispered with a slight laugh making Colt roll his eyes. 

"You know damn well he'd kill me."

"You're already dead." The car stopped instantly as Janus slammed hard on the breaks.

"Oh shit. I'm dead. Shit. Wait... I'm already dead." Colt shuddered as Janus glared back with bright glowing eyes. "I'm double dead."

"Hun? Do you think you can go ahead for me?" Remus frowned in confusion as Janus just smiled softly at him. "I need to talk with Virgil before we all just show up."

"But... Ro..."

"Go ahead, Ray." Roman's voice was stern and monotone as he gripped Virgil's wrists tight enough for the other alpha to know he's figured it out to. "They're already expecting you. It's ok."

"Well... Ok then." Remus sighed as he slowly got out and started the rest of the way, only stopping once to see Virgil nodding him on. He understood why they were sending him off. 

"Virgil..." Janus growled as he himself got out, followed by Roman and then Virgil, who had Colt hiding anxiously behind him despite not being able to be seen. "Care to explain?"