54

"They say it's your parents who know you the best." Serena lulled as she gently rubbed his arms to help ground him. "So why don't you ask him?"

"I can't! Emile and Remy-..."

"No, Virgil." Serena smiled as she shook her head. "Not them." Her eyes narrowed softly as she looked behind him making Virgil tense up. "Him."

"Wait-..." Virgil turned around only to see the black emptiness. "Serena?" He turned back finding her gone and he went ridged. "SERENA?!" The empty void seemed to dig into him as he groaned and ran a hand through his hair. He practically screamed out in anxious tension before just going lax and sighing. That was until he turned around one last time to find an older man just standing there with this serious expression in his gaze. Virgil's eyes shot wide as he jumped back seeing just how many scars the man had, including the one over his eye. He looked terrifying. "Who... I... I'm sorry. I don't-..." The man's face suddenly fell, his arms crashing to his side, as Virgil stumbled back.

"Aollios?" Virgil flinched quickly shaking his head as the other took a hesitant step forward. "Aollios, re vera est tu?" ( Aolios, is it really you?) Virgil swallowed his anxiety as he slowly looked up to see the pure desperation in the man's eyes. "Quaeso, responde mihi ... Filius?" (Please, answer me... Son?)

"Non sum tui-..." (I am not your son-...) Virgil tensed up as the other just smiled softly making his ruggish appearance turn kind and carrying. "I mean... I... How did I..."

"Aollios?" Virgil shook his head again, his eyes going purple as he winced. "It's ok." The man whispered, holding his hands up in a sort of reassuring surrender. "It's ok, Son."

"My name is Virgil. I'm not your son." Virgil shot up, eyes shifted, as he growled only to falter seeing how the man's eyes started glowing a bright white. "Who... Who are you?"

"Romulus of Roma." Virgil's face just fell as Romulus smiled more with a soft bow. "And you are my son... or at least the bearer of Aollios's soul."

"You... You're Serena's son? The... The founder of the first wolf pack." Romulus nodded before laughing and shaking his head.

"Actually it was Remus who created the first-ever pack. Unfortunately with his falling his pack was destroyed and thus unfound." Romulus carefully took another step closer pausing slightly as Virgil flinched again. "I mean no harm, I swear it. Aollio-... Sorry. Virgil, I only wish to help."

"Serena... She told me I held the soul of her grandson but... I just... I don't understand any of this. How exactly are you supposed to help me?" Romulus's eyes darkened as Virgil started to tear up. "My pack is being ripped apart. My parents are trapped and being used as bait. My mate... My... My mate is being used against me... to hurt me."

"Your mate?" Romulus by now was directly in front of Virgil, who glanced up to see those white eyes so soft. There was this tug in his chest and sure enough, he threw himself into the other and just cried making Romulus jerk slightly and wrap his arms around him. "Hey. It's ok."

"No. No, it's not. They've got Roman. I need Roman." Romulus couldn't stop himself from chuckling a bit only making Virgil pout as he lightly nudged the other in his side before leaning into him again. "Don't laugh. He was named after you."

"You're mate is named Roman?" Virgil nodded feeling as Romulus gently trailed his fingers through his hair. It wasn't the same at all to how Roman did it but it still helped to calm him. 

"His father named him and his twin after you and your brother... something about-..."

"Names have power. It makes sense." Romulus growled softly with a proud gleam in his eyes. "He was giving tangible proof of his connection to us... to you through his name. It's no wonder he's your mate." Romulus's eyes flashed as he gently nudged Virgil's face up to see the glimmer the play full glimmer in them. "He better be treating you right."

"Roman loves me. He's protective and wants nothing but the best... but..." 

"But?"

"It's Willow." Romulus could see how Virgil visibly crashed and pulled away. "She's this... Alpha wolf Witch. She... She's got a gift to control other wolves." Virgil shivered as he remembers the absolute pain his love was in... the begging Roman made just to get Virgil to run. "She took control over Roman forcing him to hunt me down. He's suffering because of me."

"No. Not because of you. Because of that witch."

"She's only doing this to him BECAUSE of me-..."

"Aollios!" Virgil jumped as Romulus took his hand again. "It is not your fault that someone else decides to turn dark. My mother gave her power and that witch twisted her gift just for a taste of more. That's her fault. Not yours..."

"I don't know how to help them. She has Roman... and Emile, one of the men who raised me. She killed one of my pack. How am I supposed to stop her?" Romulus just smiled as he lightly tapped Virgil's chest making his entire body seem to erupt with energy. His eyes went a blinding white to match the others as Romulus squeezed his hand tightly. 

"You're my son, Aollios. Sure you may not know of the power you hold inside you but you are more than enough to challenge that which. She knows not what she's going against." 

"I don't know how..."

"That's where I come in." Romulus stepped back, letting Virgil go who only seemed to glow brightly in response. "You've got it all in you already. You just have to learn how to let it out."

"Virgil?" Virgil's head jerked up to find himself back into his room, seemingly hours later, tho it felt much longer than it was. Kai frowned as he gently tried to coax the alpha back to the present. "Virgil? Can you hear me?" Virgil's eyes finally latched onto the ghost making Kai shudder against the gaze in Virgil's white eyes.

"Stay here."

"Wait, Virgil-..." Kai tried to call out as the alpha started to get up. "What exactly are you doing?" Virgil smiled softly, hand holding the silver of his door handle. He took a deep breath, letting the white fade away before looking back to give Kai a soft look. "Virgil, please? What are you planning?"

"I'm giving Willow exactly what she wants."