46

"Willow!" Roman beamed as he jumped up seeing the other alpha. Willow was a tad stunned, to say the least. When the nurse had mentioned she had a visitor, well... She wasn't expecting Roman when she left her office. "I'm sorry for the intrusion." Roman held his hand out in respect as she blinked a bit in surprise.

"It's no problem at all." Willow graciously accepted his hand, shaking it as she smiled. "After all the hospital is in fact neutral territory. You are free to be on the premise. You need not worry."

"I'm aware. However, I still feel it only respectful to inform you. You are the alpha of this territory. It's only right." Willow's smile brightened even more as Roman stuffed his hands into his pockets. "That being said... I had more questions... that is if you are ok with giving me any moment of your time? I thought it best I came in person in this time."

"Of course. It's no problem at all. I'll show you to my office." Roman sighed in relief as he nodded.

"Thank you so much." Roman quickly followed after as he shot a quick text to Virgil to let him know he was seeing her now. Willow shot him a curious look before noticing the bit of white under his color and smiling.

"I take it a congratulations is in order?" Roman frowned in confusion quickly turning his phone off before looking up to see the smile. "Your mark?"

"Oh!" Roman laughed as he gently rubbed it with a fond look in his eyes. "Yeah. I guess you could say that. Virgil and I just managed to come together."

"Virgil?" Willow's eyes flashed as Roman nodded a bit. "Virgil Dean?"

"Right... I had Logan ask you about him. Yeah, turns out he was my mate. I'm glad, you know? As far as mates go... He's perfect for me."

"I'm happy for you, Roman. Not every wolf finds theirs." Roman nodded with a small smile as Willow opened a door for him to walk in to.

"I'm very lucky." Roman responded as he walked in. "Now... About my questions?" Willow's eyes shifted black as she smirked and shut the door with a click of the lock.

"How's it going?" Colt smiled as Virgil walked in to check on them. Kai was able to get up and walk around now but without any of his meds, he had to take it easy. "Do I need to call in a referee?"

"No, Virge." Colt laughed as he rolled his eyes. "Everything's good. Kai was just telling me about his favorite movie. Believe it or not... It's Disney."

"Oh, yes. Score!" Virgil giggled as he hopped up on the bed with a laugh. "Mines Black cauldron. Roman refuses to pick a Disney movie. He says they're all his babies and could possibly pick one. So... What yours?"

"I uh... Well... Uh... Actually I really like Fantasia." Virgil paused a bit not having expected that answer at all.

"See. Shocked I know." Colt teased as Kai smiled awkwardly.

"What? I like the music... the skits... the art..."

"But there's no story it's just... madness." Colt combated as Kai grumbled a bit.

"There's a story. In fact, there are many many stories." Kai joked as he stuck his tongue out at the ghost. "Besides... Maybe I like a bit of madness."

"Oh jeez..." Virgil's eyes filled with embarrassment as he blushed like mad. "Was Roman and I like that. Please tell me, Roman, and I was not like that."

"Seriously?" Colt burst out in laughter as Virgil growled pathetically and tried to hide himself in his hoodie. Kai just sat there highly confused. "You and Roman wer horrible. Do you know how many times he nearly called you my love before he actually confessed to you? Plus you two were literally ALWAYS with each other.... making googly eyes."

"Shut up!" Virgil playfully went to push Colt only to fall on his own as he just stared up at the ghost with a playful glare. "How dare you?"

"I'm a ghost, Virgil. You should really get up off the ground. Don't want to get sick now, do ya?" Virgil only pouted as Kai tried to stifle a laugh over Colts taunt.

"And who's fault is it that I'm on the floor, you asshole." Virgil hissed softly as he started to get up... only for Colt to gently nudge him right back down with a laugh. 

"Your's for trying to push a ghost." 

"Oh, ha ha." Virgil rolled his eyes as he finally stood up and dusted himself off with a laugh.

"So..." Colt's smile dropped a bit as he tensed up. "Any news on Roman?" Virgil frowned as he shook his head.

"Not sense he texted me he was with her. That was nearly 5 hours ago." Virgil rubbed his arm anxiously as Colt's eyes darkened. Kai glanced between them before trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah but isn't the hospital two towns over. That's hours from here. Maybe he just forgot to text you and is on his way home." Kai smiled softly as Colt met his gaze with a worried one. Virgil wouldn't even look up. "Guy's come on. I get it. You're worried, but I'm sure there's a reason..." Virgil's head whipped up at the sudden scent of his mate but... this icy feeling crawled down his spine like a million spiders. His eyes shifted instantly making Kai tense up. "Virgil?"

"Something's wrong." Virgil and Colt ran out of the room as Kai struggled to follow. It didn't take Virgil long to burst through the front door and freeze up. His body completely plummeted in that icy feeling. He prayed to God it wasn't death come to collect as if felt like his icy hand and tore out his heart. There farther down the driveway was Roman. He was just standing there with his hands in his pocket's, a smirk on his face, as Virgil crashed. "Roman."

"Hey there... Lovely." Roman's eyes shifted black and Virgil knew. He fucking knew it. They got to him... to Roman.

"Shit." Virgil was panicking big time as Roman's smirk only grew wider.

"Awe, come now. Aren't you going to welcome your mate?"