"Walburga, I have proof of you torturing this poor boy. I will get the Ministry involved, and it will ruin your oh-so perfect reputation. You will never come near my son again, and I'm not talking about James.", Euphemia hissed. 

Walburga held her head high. "The Potters can't protect you forever, Sirius.". She left the doorway, her black robes billowing behind her. 

Euphemia closed the door, sighing.

Sirius crumpled to a heap on the ground, sobbing.

"Sirius, it's okay.", James said, pulling him into a hug. 

"You did that-- just for me?", Sirius hiccupped.

"Of course I did, Sirius, that's what mothers do.", Euphemia smiled, wiping away the tears that streamed down his cheek. 

Sirius was holed up in James' room, the two of them playing Gobstones. Sirius had just come back from Mungo's, after running away from home.

The doorbell rang, startling the both of them. The two curious boys looked through the window, and Sirius heard his heart pounding in his chest. "James, that's my mum.", he said, his eyes growing wide.

"Mum will protect you, don't worry.", little James had said, but he was scared as well.

They watched as Euphemia Potter answered the door.

Euphemia Potter opened the door, the smile on her face dropping.

"Walburga.", she nodded.

"Cut the bullshit. I know my son is here.", Walburga leered.

"Your son is not here.", Euphemia said, attempting to close the door.

Walburga raised her wand, ready to cast a curse.

"Stop it, mother. I'm here.", a small voice said behind them said.

"They've clearly been feeding you too much.", Walburga hissed.

"He was skin and bones before! You starved him.", James protested, looking at Sirius. Surely the boy he knew at Hogwarts, who was loud and reckless, would make an appearance.

"Yes, Mother, I'm sorry. I'll do better. Please don't hurt Mrs. Potter.", Sirius said, hanging his head. James stared at him, shocked.

"Stay back, boys.", Euphemia Potter warned.

"Walburga, I have proof of you torturing this poor boy. I will get the Ministry involved, and it will ruin your oh-so perfect reputation. You will never come near my son again, and I'm not talking about James.", Euphemia hissed.

Walburga held her head high. "Sirius Black, you are coming with me, right now.". 

"Mother-", Sirius tried. "Sirius Orion Black!", his mother boomed, scaring Sirius. 

"Yes, Mother.", Sirius said, almost robotically. 

"No.", James spoke up. 

"What did you say to me?", Walburga yelled, a vein in her forehead popping. 

"James, stop. I'll go. I'll see you next term, alright?", Sirius whispered, walking forward. 

"I said no, you big wanker.", James said boldly. 

"Avada Kedavra!", Walburga waved her wand, sending a blast of green light directly at Euphemia. She fell at Sirius' feet, her eyes unseeing.