Chapter 42 - a wild Karen appears

Sleep claims you almost instantaneously; it couldn't have been more than five minutes until Legoshi feels your body relax to its fullest in his arms, your breathing steady and peaceful

Sleep claims you almost instantaneously; it couldn't have been more than five minutes until Legoshi feels your body relax to its fullest in his arms, your breathing steady and peaceful. The night sure did a number on you, though he's unsure how much credit he gets for your exhaustion. However, the young grey wolf isn't close to sleep just yet.

His mind wanders through the endless possibilities that could've altered the events of this night. What if he'd been a minute too late? Would he still be able to hold you in his arms like this? Did you like him as much as he liked you? Or was tonight just a 'heat of the moment' kind of thing for you?

The quiet rustling of the sheets echoes through the room as you shift around and nuzzle further into his chest. With a soft smile, the male notices how perfect you looked in his arms and basks in the wonderful tingle your hand leaves on his fur as it softly grabs at the grey strands on his torso.

The warmth in our hands...

It's something we take for granted.

A single, clawed finger gently brushes over your cheek, luring a content sigh from your sleeping form. Meanwhile, the canine blinks away a tear. Finally letting his eyes fall shut, he lets the mysterious hands of sleep take him away.

I should be happy that I was able to save her. I didn't let her hands get cold.

I'm so glad they're warm.

The next morning, you awake to a soft poke on the forehead. With a whine, you groggily open your eyes, only to be staring right into those of Legoshi. His expression is apologetic, telling you that the both of you will have to get up and leave pretty soon, before planting a quick kiss onto your forehead and leaving the bed.

Of course, you shamelessly watch his tall body as he scammers for the rest of his clothes with a whipped smile on your face. However, before he can catch you staring, you get out of bed as well and pull his long navy shirt over your otherwise naked body.

Since the best you can do is speed-walk at the moment, the wolf quickly lets you hop onto his back before running to the train station. With flaming cheeks, you ignore the many looks you get on the train, rather opting to lean against Legoshi's side. The wolf isn't surprised when you let out an exaggerated sigh of relief once your feet step off the train, chuckling quietly as you mumble on about how 'people can't seem to mind their own fucking business'.

It's a nice day. The sun beams brightly in the blue sky, its warmth tickling your skin like a close friend. A soft morning breeze weaves through the trees, carefully playing with your h/l strands of hair. It's mostly quiet between you and Legoshi but it's in no way uncomfortable.

No, this one is a silence filled with understanding, trust, respect and adoration towards one another.

Your gaze is directed in front of you, carelessly following the journey of a beautiful leaf of the nearby cherry blossom trees. The wolf's gaze on the other hand, lingers on you as you slowly walk beside him. From time to time, there'd be a small, almost unnoticeable limp in your step.