Chapter 20 - Meeting Juno

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

Daisy snarls as she reluctantly picks up four more cards to add to her hand. It's unusual to see the usually chipper and family-friendly Shiloh Shepherd swear like a sailor but you suspect you'd been a bad influence on her language. "Where the hell are you getting all these plus fours from?!"

"I know right? Where is she hiding them?" you pipe in, narrowing your eyes at the innocent Shiba-Inu, who's now down to only one card. In response, she shrugs. "I want red."

"I don't have any red!" Daisy yells.

"Does it look like I care?" Hinari beams and you realize that suggesting to play Uno was one of the worst ideas you ever had. Especially after Aisha drops the fifth plus two in a row.

"Another one."

"Aisha stop! What have I done to you?!"you scream and desperately try to balance your hand of cards in your fingers.

"Nothing, I just like seeing you struggle with those tiny hands of yours."

"They're not tiny," you grumble, a pout sliding onto your lips, "You guys just have really big hands. I think it's a large breed canine thing because Legoshi has really big hands as well."

Eden and Aisha share a dubious smirk before the Doberman glances at you nonchalantly, "Speaking of Legoshi, you guys have been spending a lot of time together recently."

Like a deer caught in headlights, your eyes frantically shift between them and you try to change the subject. Simultaneously, you put down a plus four for Eden. "His roommates also have big hands and they're all large breed canines, well except for Voss. I want blue by the way."

Eden keeps her nonchalant expression. "Fuck you for that, Y/n. But seriously, how's it going in Lover town? He waited for you in front of the school a couple of days ago, in the dark mind you, just to walk home with you. If that boy isn't whipped then I don't think love exists anymore."

The five of you share a laugh and you smile dejectedly, already consumed by the many doubts in your mind. "Although that was incredibly sweet of him, I doubt he sees me as anything more than a friend."

"Mhm, sure he does," Aisha says sarcastically and you roll your eyes.

"I'm serious," dramatically, you slam down your next card, sighing as Hinari announces that she's at one card again, "He's a pretty quiet guy and I'm basically his first female friend. He's just sweet but he's probably not interested in dating a human. Who would be, honestly?"

"I win," Hinari states with a bittersweet smile and you all grown in annoyance.

"How do you keep doing that?!"

"This is the fourth game you've won in a row!"

Despite all the complaining, you share another laugh and once more, the attention switches to you. Aisha, once again being the big sister of the group, turns to you with a sympathetic expression and ruffles your hair.