Chapter 48 - What's wrong with Louis?

(Important: Update schedule will be announced after this Chapter!)

You can't believe your eyes, your brain running around in circles at the speed of Usain Bolt as you stare at the red deer with a befuddled expression.

He's here, standing right before your very eyes. But you can't help but feel like the Louis who's holding your gaze right now, is not the same golden Boy that went missing two months prior. The passionate gleam in his brilliant eyes has changed, a spark of what you could only describe as madness or a god-complex tainting the warm colour.

Your body's reaction to the usually calm herbivore is the drastic opposite of what it used to be. Suddenly, you're back in his office on your second day at Cherryton and every fibre in your being tells you to run. Gone is the calm peace that enveloped you in the presence of the stag, the feeling of safety and comradeship.

"Long time no see, Y/n."

However, hoping desperately that your perceptions are wrong, you ignore the wild beating of your heart.

Surely it's just a side effect of being kidnapped and all...Yeah, that's what this is! I'm just overreacting, right? There's no need to feel paranoid around Bambi. He's my friend, he wouldn't ever do anything to hurt me! This is just the trauma speaking....

It has to be...

"Bambi?!" Your voice breaks when you gasp, swiftly turning to follow the deer as he begins to walk off. "Wha-... What?! When did you come back? Where the hell were you?!"

Acting like he hadn't gone M.I.A for the past weeks, he buries his hands in the pockets of his pants and you suppress the bubble of anger forming in your chest when you notice his annoyed eye-roll. "I came back last night. The housemother and the teachers already know about it. You know, you and Legoshi are really alike when it comes to your reactions."

The fuck is that supposed to mean?

"The fuck are you talking about?" You spit, feeling slightly guilty that you aren't absolutely grateful to see him, to talk to him. "And where the hell have you been? You've been gone for two whole months!"

"Some place far away." He answers absentmindedly. "You're heading to the club, right? I'll come with you."

Club? I was trying to find Haru, I didn't even know drama club was today! How does he know about it? He wasn't here for two fucking months!

"So it's been two months...has it? That's quite a long time, I didn't even realise." He smiles at you, though it doesn't reach his eyes. Instead, it almost feels like some weird condescending gesture and you're not sure what to do with this sudden change of chemistry between the two of you. This entire situation creeped you out. Why is he so calm, acting like everyone else didn't believe him to be dead? Why is he avoiding your questions about where he was? When did he talk to Legoshi?