Chapter 55 - Pleasing a storm

Juno holds her hands over her nose, blood leaking from the delicate organ

Juno holds her hands over her nose, blood leaking from the delicate organ. Her ears flatten against her head, her eyes gleaming as she lightly growls at you. "Why would you punch me?!"

"I told you to let me go!"

You know it's stupid. Damnit, you know that the chances of you winning a fist fight against a carnivore are basically zero. But you do not care in the slightest.

All you care about now is destroying something or someone.

You want be rid of all these bitter thoughts, of the terrifying itch that screams to let your temper loose and the best way to do it in your mind is to answer the sweet call for violence.

The she-wolf tries to take a hold of you again, most likely to try and calm you down but currently, the wisest thing to do is to not get near you.

Like a caged creature in a zoo; Approach at your own risk.

Glaring at her, consumed by wrath, you observe every movement she makes like a predator waiting to jump its prey. "Don't fucking touch me, Juno."

She ignores your warning, grabbing your arm and pulling you towards her. Your body reacts before you can think and your leg lifts, the well-aimed roundhouse kick hitting her right in the ribs. She tumbles to the floor as she bares her fangs at you.

However, she hasn't let go of your arm.

The claws dig into your skin, drawing blood as you follow her to the floor and fall on top of her. Your right arm, the one she's not holding onto, catches your weight to prevent you from making contact with those dangerous fangs of hers; but in return, a spur of pain emits from your wrist at the harsh contact. Glaring down at her, you tug at your other hand, wanting to flee from the situation entirely.

"Let go of me!" Shouting in fury, your lower body sets out and you end up straddling her waist, relentlessly tugging at your arm and drawing more blood from your wound. Juno, ever as determined, doesn't let go. "No!"

Fury turns into desperation, flipping a switch in your brain that reduces you to a human with no other objective than pure survival. Your other arm reels backwards and you grit your teeth together, a dangerous glint in your eyes.

And then you hit her with everything you've got.

Over and over again, your fist rushes down onto her beautiful face, whilst bitter, ferocious tears stream down yours as your mind waits for an opening to escape.

But a part of you enjoys this.

The part that indirectly blames Juno for the humiliating bullying, for going after Legoshi, for dragging you even further down this hole you're in, finds relief in directing all of your aggression towards her.

It's wrong.

You know it's wrong.

It's utterly pitiful how far you've fallen.