Chapter 61 - rabbits, wolves and humans

(Check out the Author's note for some Val and Juno art! :) )

The array of chattering voices fills the training hall, occupied by none other than the drama club members. Having gone over the planned New Year's performance of Adler, determined to show off their rebellious spirit in the form of a feminine Adler played by Juno the female grey wolf, the members of the drama club go over their meeting with cheerful smiles.

The interspecies clubs don't want to admit defeat to the rules set by the school and in turn, that only increased their drive to work harder than ever before to ensure the survival of their clubs. Everyone wants and needs to step up their game and Juno, a beastar candidate, a popular first year and a good actress, is the perfect way to do so. Even though it was already decided much earlier that she would become the next Adler, a choice you had much agreed with, the current turn of events only hyped everyone up for the newly renewed Play.

"Haha, the mood in this school is changing a lot. It's like the carnivores and herbivores are actually getting closer..." Bill grins and is promptly validated by Dom. "Only the Adults want the interspecial clubs to be suspended! We have to stop them!"

Leaning his head onto that of the tiger's, which is made possible due to his long neck, the peafowl glances at Juno. "None of the clubs will be suspended because everyone thinks that we should stay unsegregated. Isn't that right, Juno?"

And after a long pause, the female canine agrees. "Of course!"

However, as she observes the many smiling faces around her, carnivores and herbivores alike, the young wolf seems to be the only fish swimming against the tide. She, much to the surprise of everyone else if they were to find out, does not share the same disdain towards the thought of segregation.

But...what about those ongoing intersepcial murders?

Everyone's desperate to stop this school from getting segregated...But why?! What's wrong with segregation?!

There's no way I could've said that in front of everyone though...

The young girl is internally torn between her peer's views and her own, her distress visible as she leans against her locker in the girl's changing rooms.

Without Segregation, we'll be exposed to truths that neither of us want to know! Why hasn't anyone realized this?! There's only one thing that we need! And that's distance!

"June!"

She recognizes your voice instantly, her ears perking up as she puts on a cheery expression. You, of all people, are the person she would like the least to find out about her opposing opinion. In the time she's known you, Juno realized that you are a rather complex animal, with views and opinions that are both foreign and often times incomprehensible to the young grey wolf.

"Y/n! Hi!" Of course, that doesn't stop her natural canine instincts from surfacing when you approach her, already dressed in your school uniform. Her joyful expression brings a smile to your face, though you are worried about your friend. Ever since the voting a few days ago, she has been acting off. Not enough to cause suspicion or anything like that but enough for you to notice that she's been quieter than usual. Her smile tends to reach her periwinkle eyes less and less.