Chapter 27 - fear in my veins

Read author's note at the end, please!

"Please let go of me," you utter and not even you can recognize your own voice

"Please let go of me," you utter and not even you can recognize your own voice. It's cold and dead...like a corpse, "I don't feel like taking the train anymore."

But Legoshi refuses to let go of you, instead tightening his grip around your arm. It doesn't hurt but it certainly doesn't help the panic growing in your veins.

"No, not yet. We have more to talk about, "he conveys, leaning closer to you as you still refuse to look at him. You can't deal with the humiliation, the memories or the goddamn fear that now rules every single drop of blood in your body.

"No we don't," you retort, tears escaping your eyes, "I was just being honest. Please let me go."

"I know but-"

"Don't lecture me when you don't know shit, wolfie," you hiss and attempt to pull your arm free once more, "Now let me go, damnit!"

"Just don't run from me," he pleads, his grip refusing to budge.

"What's going on with you?!" you begin to sob, still yanking at your trapped limb, "I said let go of me, damnit!"

"No way!"

"I said let me the fuck go, Legoshi!" You shout, your eyes still cast onto the dirty ground of the metro station as the tears stream down your face. You can hear your heartbeat; all you can hear is your heartbeat and that fucking white noise while it overthrows every other frequency around you. The fear rips you apart from the inside, the terror consumes every cell in your body and you can't breathe.

I think...

I think I'm having a panic attack.

"No!" You barely register Legoshi's shout of protest.

"Are you harassing her?!" Naturally, your argument caught the attention of other animals and a small crowd forms around the two of you. Immediately, they bombard the grey wolf in front of you with accusations, none of which are true. He's not harassing you. He's dense and won't let go of you but how should he know what you're going through right now? What kind of friend would he be if he just let you run off on your own in a dark, strange place like this?

"Is there another large sized carnivore around?!" You hear someone yell, most likely for someone to force Legoshi away from you. If you could catch a breath or even a clear thought, you would tell them that you don't need protection from him. He's not a threat.

However, your memories are.

The crowd does not help your scared state, on the contrary, you feel trapped. There's a crowd, there's so many people, just like back then. You can't run, you can't hide, there's no escape and oh my god, she's right there on the other side of the tracks! Get me out, get me out, get me out, please get me the fuck out!