Chapter 49 - Freddy Fazbear

With the official start of school, your rather peaceful break sadly came to an end

With the official start of school, your rather peaceful break sadly came to an end. Moving back into your dorm after spending so much time in Legoshi's was scary, even more so when the tension between you and your roommates hadn't subsided at all.

Instead of cornering you and trying to get as many answers out of you as possible, the canine girls had apparently decided to just ignore your existence all together. It stung a little but you wouldn't waste your energy blaming them for it; you weren't any better. Neither you nor Aisha, the only ones who fully knew the full details of the cause of this drift in your once so wholesome friendship, made any attempts to bury the hatchet.

Now all that was left was blissful silence.

This might sound superficial, but you had missed it. Being alone and finding comfort in the silence and its solitude had been something you had dealt with for the majority of your life, at least before your death. If you'd have to be completely honest, you missed that solitude during the time you spent in Cherryton Academy. Sure, you liked your interactions with others, like your friendship with Haru or the canine boys from Legoshi's dorm. You loved that awkward wolf boy but nonetheless, after the year you had, the familiarity of being on your own soothed you a lot. It brought you back to a time where you didn't need to deal with the trauma of dying or the aftermath of having been kidnapped and nearly murdered for your meat.

It's a lot easier to deal with the nightmares when no one reminds you off them. Despite the dark circles under your eyes, you continued to smile your way through your days. And whenever you were around Legoshi, that smile would even reach your eyes.

Louis had been true to his word and hadn't returned to school. He had left and as usual, you dealt with the problem by ignoring it. You avoided acknowledging the truth despite the painful sting in your chest every time you'd walk into the drama club and find him gone. Ignorance is bliss, or so they say, and you plan to live by that for as long as you possibly can.

You tried your best to be there for Haru during this time. Sure, you and Louis had been friends but she loved him. The small mammal would never admit to it but you knew she did. You noticed how often her gaze swayed through the garden, somehow hoping that he'd suddenly appear amongst the roses and lilacs. Or how she carefully handled little things he left behind from the times he had come over, her onyx eyes filled with sadness.

So you spent most of your time in the garden with Haru, sometimes bringing her into the atelier to take her mind off of the stag. Of course, the portrait of him was stacked away.

You picked up your studies rather quickly again, often having to give your airhead of a boyfriend your notes. Meanwhile, for things that you had trouble understanding, Haru tutored you through it. Seeing as the dwarf rabbit was a year above you, she had been through these subjects before and saw nothing wrong with lending you her old notes or explaining certain concepts to you that seemed foreign and even illogical due to your very different upbringing.