Chapter 31 - Stress screaming

Bright daylight floods the empty hallways, the green colour of the walls seem stale against the dark, chestnut-coloured floors

Bright daylight floods the empty hallways, the green colour of the walls seem stale against the dark, chestnut-coloured floors. Legoshi is alone as he stalks through the corridors, a rolled up newspaper in his hand. He slouches, as usual, and his eyebrows make his sorrowful mood obvious to anyone. His gaze is focused on the ground as he mindlessly hits himself in the back of the head with the newspaper, using little enough force to not hurt himself. The tall grey wolf is on his way to Tem's memorial, a spot that's been vacant of student life for quite some time now.

It's been three months since Tem's incident. No report yet on them arresting anyone.

"Back to the drawing board?"

"Heh...it's just not the right time! I...Don't worry! I'll wait for the perfect moment to tell her my feelings."

One of his ears sheepishly drops to the side as he thoughtfully looks up to the ceiling.

True feelings, huh?

Hm...

With a forlorn expression, he glances down as he thinks back to yesterday, the night of the blackout. Watching you scream in terror at the mere sight of him, a large breed carnivore, makes his stomach knot in the most uncomfortable way. Despite your reassurance, the dark, terrible voice in his head keeps on reminding him that someone as pure and perfect as you could never fully feel comfortable around a predator like him, let alone love him. He doesn't want to think that way but the majority of his mind is convinced that, even if you constantly deny it, you are scared of him.

Y/n's true feelings are apparent now after yesterday's blackout.

And he doesn't want to stand in the way of your's and Louis' relationship.

"What did she tell you?"

"Well...nothing really."

"Then we're just friends."

Even though his heart aches at the thought of the two of you together, he's mature enough to understand that the stag is a far better option than himself. Ever since that conversation with Louis, he's kept a close eye on your interactions with the red deer, at least when he's in the room as well. He has noticed how comfortable you feel around the other male, how you're not afraid to touch him or stand close to him. He has noticed that the two of you tend to vanish together into the same, long forgotten room and how your scent tends to stain the buck's own ever so slightly.

Legoshi hates it.

But he knows how much he hurt you, even just accidentally. Louis never did that. With Louis, you wouldn't have to worry about being devoured or coming to any harm by the hands of the one, who claims to love you. Despite how much he wants to be the one holding you in their arms, he'll let you go if it means that you're safe and sound.