Chapter 78 - Howdy Officers

The strong sound of heavy rain hitting the glass of the windows accompanies your voice during the entirety of your interview

The strong sound of heavy rain hitting the glass of the windows accompanies your voice during the entirety of your interview. Seemingly in tune with the intensity of the questions, the sky wept harder as well.

Officer Judy and Officer Nick, as they had introduced themselves, are a nice duo and thankfully abide by the hospital's guidelines when it comes to your unfortunately unstable state. It definitely gave you some hope for this world's police department, mostly because you were used to hearing the more unsanitary and upsetting stories about them back in your world. More specifically, their lack of respect towards victims of any kind and while those sort of stories probably represented the minority, you never found it in yourself to put your entire trust in law enforcement. At the end of the day, they were just humans like yourself; humans with a gun and the advantage of their position behind them.

So of course it's relieving to not even see any sort of weapons on either of the officers in front of you, though you're sure that is also due to the hospital's guidelines and the rules when it came to interacting with you. You did tell Doctor Baron that you had past traumatic experiences with firearms but putting that aside, you're also guessing that they know you don't pose much of a threat in your state.

Hell, I can't even walk. The most I can do is slap them but only if they make the mistake of coming close enough for me to do so. I'm pretty useless right now.

Officer Judy's definitely the more professional one of the two, albeit the one that is more friendly and understanding. You have a feeling that Officer Nick has no fucking clue what he's doing, much less knows how to deal with someone in your situation. He's constantly smirking, making jokes and innuendos that have you rolling your eyes in sync with the rabbit and then proceeds to play with his sunglasses when Judy comes to the more serious parts of your story.

Why he even has sunglasses with him when it's been raining the entire day is beyond your understanding.

"To clarify, Masago was in charge of your medical examinations and treatments since your arrival in this city earlier this year, correct?" The grey rabbit questions, tapping her pencil against the paper in her file, which you presume is about your case.

"Yes."

"You stated that the intensity of these procedures increased a few months ago. Was there a particular reason for it?"

"Not that I know of." You answer, keeping your responses short and straight to the point. "I think she was just eager to find out more about my species and when I decided to give her more freedom when it came to medical experiments and examinations, she just took the opportunity."

"And what was the reason for your sudden change of heart? I imagine most animals are usually opposed to spending time in a laboratory as a subject and it seems to me that you weren't any different until a few months back."

"Well I...I was going through a rough time." The words are harder to say than you thought, their weight deliberately choking you as you continue. "You see, a few weeks prior I was kidnapped and almost devoured, which obviously left me a little mentally unstable. I had trouble sleeping and concentrating. Then someone who is really important to me decided to cut contact, which kind of threw me over the edge."