Chapter - XII - TIMINGS

'How long will it take to happen?'

"8 days. 8 days before you get married" Adrian said dramatically dabbing his eyes with a tissue and fake snorting in it. Litwin, who wanted to drink some water, went to the kitchen to find his Father and Adrian munching cookies.

And Adrian started his drama. 'This guy is seriously ill' Litwin thought to himself and poured some water into a glass and sat down to drink.

The King chewed on the cookies and looked at his Son and asked "Finished the books?" "Yes father" The King nodded and spoke again "Then I would like you to learn the Maps thoroughly and challenge Adrian to a duel"

Litwin nodded and Adrian gave a thumbs up and carried on with his cookies. Litwin and his father went to his father's room and got the Map to learn. 2 minutes and 1 second later, Litwin spoke "I finished learning father. You can test me if you like"

"The kingdom of Hesy has Three routes for entering and exiting," his father said. "No. It has Five routes for entering and exiting and the fifth route can be used only during an outbreak of War" Litwin answered.

"The route to the secret base cannot be used. Tell me another route for it." the King asked
"We can use the route to the technological development base and use the tunnel near the Apple Valley and go to the medical field base and from there the secret base is 3 miles away" Litwin answered.

"Why can't we use the medical field base route straight away and are using the technological development base?" the King questioned.
"To reach the medical field base, we normal use teleportation and it's well hidden and has only two routes for it. The technological and Secret base routes" Litwin answered.

"The st--" The King's words were cut off by another voice which belonged to his wife, Litwin's mother. "Enough honey. He answered the routes for the secret base which wasn't even drawn on the map and you still want to question him more?" The King raised his hands in surrender and walked away.

Litwin's mother smiled at Lit and sat on the bed and took out some Jewels which she had bought along with her when she entered the room and showed it to Litwin. Litwin looked at his mother quizzically.

"I brought these jewels for you to wear" his mother sarcastically. Litwin's eyes widened. "I wondered where you got your sarcasm from. It turns out from your Mother" Adrian said as he leaned against the door.

He walked in and politely bowed toward the Queen. "Have seat, Adrian. I got some Jewels for you too" the Queen said. Adrian nodded and sat beside the Queen and tried out the jewels.

"Ahh. How does this look on me? Do I look pretty?" Adrian asked in a squeaky voice trying the Emerald stoned necklace.

Litwin looked at them in a confused manner. Both Adrian and the Queen broke out into laughter seeing Litwin's reaction. "It's for your wife, Litwin!" his mother told and Adrian snickered.

Litwin awkwardly laughed and looked at the beautiful jewels. Big Earnings made out of Gold, Rubies and diamonds, Matching bracelets made out of platinum and a small half heart in each which had garnet engraved on it, and beautiful necklaces made of emerald, smoky quartz, lemon topaz, moonstone, fallen stars stones. And many more.

Litwin's mother asked him to select something as a personal gift from him Alicia. Litwin looked at the jewels and his eyes landed on the matching bracelets. He took both the bracelet with their boxes and left since was supposed to prepare for the duel.