Chapter - XXIV I SEE YOU

"What should we do about you? Keep you or kill you like I killed your friend or kill the people you love? Don't worry. I won't decide for you. I will let you decide for yourself." the tall figure said looking at the school id with a small smirk forming on his lips.

...

"By the way. Thank you Litwin" Twil said facing him. He arched his eyebrows. "You know for helping me submit my assignment" Twil said. "What makes you think that I did?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Just an instinct" she shrugged and entered the class. Litwin followed her from behind, his eyes falling on Ashton who was sitting in his seat laughing merrily.

Litwin walked towards his seat and sat down and turned towards Ashton and smiled "What's up? Basketball practice?" Litwin questioned. Ashton nodded while telling Litwin how exhausting it was.

"How is your nephew? Is he alright?" Litwin asked. Ashton shifted in his seat uncomfortably and scratched his nape. Litwin continued to look at him while Twil furrowed at Litwin.

Even though it's been only four days since they met but still Twil could tell Litwin was not the one to make others uncomfortable or force them to tell their personal matters.

"H-He is good. Yeah good" Ashton stuttered looking at his notes. Litwin nodded and looked at Kate. Kate raised her eyebrows. "Are you going to keep your hands all over my table or will mind taking them off?" He asked.

Kate acted as if she was shocked and took her hands off the table wiping them with sanitiser and Misha's hanky.

The school ended and they all left for their house. Litwin was walking towards his house when he heard Twil shouting his name. He stopped to look back.

"Ouch. Why did you stop suddenly?" Twil asked rubbing her forehead. "You are yelling my name and expect me not to stop to take a look? Then what am I supposed to do?" He asked.

She gave him an annoyed look and took out his phone. "Did I leave this again?" Litwin mumbled to himself which Twil heard. "Again?" She asked.

"Yeah. I left them in the locker yesterday." He said and suddenly remembered Ashton's weird behaviour. Even though there wasn't any evidence that the voice he heard today didn't belong to Ash but the behaviour when asked how his niece was kind of suspicious.

"Yo. Watcha thinking?" She asked bringing him out of his thoughts. "How is Ashton? His behaviour something of that sort?" Litwin asked putting his hands in the pockets.

"Why? Are you interested in Ashton?" Twil asked nudging playfully while Litwin's face held no emotion. "I m engaged to the most beautiful woman among my the planets, Twil" he explained. "Was" Twil corrected. "Just tell me" he said with mild desperation in his voice.

"Okay okay. He is a good guy. A straight B+ student. Cares a lot about his family. He has an elder brother who is married and has a son. He babysits Titi, his nephew frequently. That's all I know" Twil said with a shrug.

"You know much about him. Do you like him or something?" Litwin nudged and wiggled his eyebrows up and down with a weird smile on his lips just like Twil did.

Twil laughed at his face. "Your eyebrows look like an earthworm" she said pointing at his eyebrows. "Too bad. You don't have any eyebrows" Litwin said with a smirk.

"Does your fiancée know bout your awful personality? Poor girl, she is gonna end up with someone like you. Or did you hide this side from her?" Twil asked with a scoff.