Chapter - XXXVI Denial from Both the sides

"Do I love her?"

Litwin slapped his hands over his mouth. 'What nonsense are you thinking Lit? You just like her. That's it. Not love" he thought to himself and turned to the other side to sleep.

After tossing and turning for a good hour, he got up and walked outside the room, towards the balcony as he looked at the sky. The stars twinkled despite the darkness around them and didn't let the darkness swallow its brightness.

Twil stood beside him as he watched the night sky. "Can we see your planet from here?" She asked while he shook his head.

After a minute of silence and carefully contemplating, Litwin asked "Wasn't it lonely being the only child?"

She nodded. "Very much. Most of the time they had to leave because of the work, which made it even worse" she admitted as Litwin felt guilty for hiding the actual reason why her parents left her alone frequently.

"How would it be if one day, you come to know you have a twin?" He asked expectantly. She just shrugged. "It would be nice."

Litwin's lips tipped upwards and he looked at her. "Everybody will have their reasons and unless you know the full story, you shouldn't hate anyone" he said earnestly.

Twil looked at him in confusion and titled her head sideways. Litwin just shrugged as Twil rolled her eyes.

...

"Your Highness, Prince Litwin returned to Earth yesterday" the informer said while the figure rolled their eyes. "Why do I have such a useless informer?" The figure said as they lazily rested on the chair.

"Your Highness. Should we bring back Dom? I m sure if we return a fragment of his memory, he will come to us" the figure's new replacement for Dom spoke.

The figure clicked his tongue. "He isn't useful to me anymore. This way of disposal is much better" the figure said as the new replacement Gael nodded.

The moon's light slightly shone from the blinders making the golden pair of eyes of the figure, shine like a piece of jewel.

...

"Yo Lit. Whom are you waiting for?" Adrian asked as Litwin stood near the park glancing at his watch frequently. Twil who was standing beside him nodded questioningly too.

"Um" Litwin dragged as he thought of the ways to bring up his fiancée without making a situation awkward.

"You coming with this dress?" Adrian asked as Litwin waved frantically behind Twil signalling him to keep his mouth shut.

"Huh? Why are you behaving like a bird who is trying his first flight Lit?" Adrian asked cluelessly. Litwin sighed as Twil looked at him as he sheepishly smiled.

They heard footsteps approaching and Litwin started to panic. "I will see you soon. It's getting dark. Go home" Litwin urged Twil while Adrian being the clueless idiot he is, decided to intervene.

"Dude. It's noon. What are blabbing about?" Adrian questioned. "I m sorry Litwin. I got up with something" said a silky, sweet voice.

Adrian and Twil turned around as Litwin clenched his fist waiting for the awkward situation to unfold. Litwin slowly turned around and he thanked God since Alicia was wearing a mask and shades.

"Woah. Woah. Who is she?" Adrian asked accusingly to Litwin. Twil's eyes never left her Twin and so did Alicia's. With silence as an answer, Adrian turned toward Alicia. He took in her costumes when his eyes fell upon the heirloom of the Mikra.