Chapter - XXXI RETURNING

"Return to Hesy"

He heard his father's voice. His throat became dry. "Father. It's that--" Litwin's words were cut off by his father's words.

"Once you return you will receive your punishment and write a 700-page report. Is that clear?" His father asked in a stern voice.

Litwin breathed heavily. He didn't know how to answer. He wanted to stay here until Twil recovers and he wanted to stall time to spend more time with her.

"Do you know what wrong you did Litwin?" His father questioned. "Yes, Father. I do. I-i was careless hence Twil got hurt. I was careless hence so many humans came to know about our existence" Litwin spoke softly. The king sighed massaging his temple.

He knew it wasn't Litwin's fault but he should have been careful. "I will return father but can I stay here until she recovers? Please?" he asked desperately.

"Tomorrow night you are returning and not a word more Hadi. The girl is protected by the head of the assassins but the others humans aren't. We will never know his motive towards Twil. So it's better for you to return." The king ordered. Litwin said a small yes which was barely audible but the king heard.

After a take care from the king, the call ended. Litwin leaned on the chair and laughed. He turned to face Twil. "What's this feeling? Why do I don't want to depart from you? I was doing just fine before I met you. Will you forget me once if I return? Why does it scare me if you do?" He threw multiple questions at the unconscious girl.

...

"Come in" The deep voice ordered which brought chills to the assassins and Dominic especially.

Dominic took a step only to feel his oxygen being pumped out. He felt suffocated and fell to his knees gasping for air. The figure heeds no concern to the poor guy.

"My my. Are you alright Dominic?" The figure asked smiling. The assassins took a step back scared. The figure, faced the assassins and asked "Who fired the bullet?" Everyone was silent so the figure raised his voice. The assassin who shot, fell to his knees. "Go to Clesr and receive your punishment" He ordered. The assassin didn't move an inch. The figure held the assassin by his throat and whispered darkly. "Get out of my sight before I kill you. Go back to Clesr"

The assassin ran away for his dear life. He turned towards Dominic who became purple due to oxygen deficiency. "And you." he said pointing at him. "You don't belong to Clesr anymore. Your powers will be taken and you will be a mere human from today onwards"

All the assassins gasped and Dominic's lips trembled. Tears brimmed his eyes. Dominic was 21 when he was taken in by this so-called King. He was only a human who was abandoned by the humans, who only faced sorrows, pain and hunger and was an orphan.

..

'I have to run. I have to run. Come on Dominic. You can do it'  21-year-old Dominic thought to himself running away from the loan sharks. His only friend took a loan in his name and gave his address and ran away and hence Dom was forced to pay it back. To pay the money back, Dominic took a loan from the loan sharks. He tried running faster but his broken ribs and beaten-up leg made it harder than already it was.

He huffed and dragged his leg and accidentally tripped over the trash can. He fell down hitting his head hard. He cried loudly. Fighting hunger was enough for him and now fighting for life made him lose his will to live. The people looked at him weirdly and walked away not bothering to help him up.