Chapter 97

It was chilly in New Zealand, but the air was fresh and it felt amazing. The Muse tried her hardest to stay close to Namjoon or Hoseok, not giving any of her husbands a chance to get too close as they made their way out of the airport and over to the transport van. Unfortunately in all the excitement she ended up sharing a seat with Taehyung.

    The ride to the rental lot wasn't a long one, but in that time The Muse had to scoot a little farther away from Tae 3 times as he tried to reach for her before she looked right at him and asked him to keep his hands to himself. He stuck out his bottom lip and she felt his disappointment, but she held fast.

    Jinnie checked in as they arrived at the rental lot. He was landing and would be reuniting with them soon. Thank goodness! The Muse had missed him, and was also relieved to have another Warrior by her side to block the advances of her husbands.

    The drivers had to watch a video about the rules of the road in New Zealand, and she spent her time listening and wandering around the office, looking at brochures and such while trying not to glare at the managers that were milling about. They did a good job of making it seem like there wasn't an entire team on this trip with her Warriors, but they were all there. Of course. They'd only just gotten here and she was already missing her time without these people breathing down her neck.

     The managers were much nicer to her now that they knew she was pregnant, of course. It made her laugh. Assholes. Taking a deep breath she looked out the window at the beautiful sunshine and let herself be excited for the adventure they were about to have. Once they were done with the paperwork and videos they were taken out to the vehicles they'd have for their journey, an RV and an SUV. That didn't count all of the staff and their white vans they'd be driving in. They also had their own RV, since they were going to be traveling and camping along with the Warriors. It was going to be a full on caravan.

    She heard the commotion of everyone coming out of the little video room and moved to get her luggage, figuring that they'd tell her it was time to load up. Out of the corner of her eye The Muse caught Yoongi coming closer and reaching his hand out as if to place it on her back the way he liked to do. She turned quickly to the side and tried to put her luggage in between them, "Don't touch me, please." she said to him as quietly as she could, not wanting to attract attention.

"Why?" Yoongi asked immediately, almost reflexively, "You need touch. I want to help you." She felt Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook all turn their attention to the conversation, curiosity and hope pouring off of all three of them.

"I've got that covered, thank you." she gave him the barest hint of a fake smile and turned her head to look for salvation with Hobi and Joon. Yoongi reached out and grabbed her hand, her head snapped forward and her eyes landed on his hand.

"Yeppeun?" he asked, his voice low and sweet, "Please look at me." her head moved up and her eyes met his because he wanted her to, "Why do you not want us to touch you? We miss you, Yeppeun. I miss you."

Keeping her voice low she gave him the best answer she could, "You hurt me, Yoongi. You all did. And for the moment, I'd rather not get my touch from any of you. Now, please let go of my hand."

Yoongi stared into her eyes for a moment before slowly letting go of her hand,

"What we did was wrong, we all see that now. It was wrong for us and it was unfair to you. I know I've been miserable without you, and the others have said the same. Please, Yeppeun, let me make it up to you. Let all of us make it up to you."

Her heart skipped a beat, and a couple of months ago she might have fallen right into his arms telling him everything was forgiven. But things had changed. She had changed. She had come to realize that she wasn't completely helpless. Their relationship wasn't one sided, and they needed to learn that it wasn't all about them and their wants and needs.

With a deep breath The Muse grabbed her luggage and went over to where Joon was talking to one of the managers as they waited for the cameraman to get into place for their grand exit into the parking lot. She felt Yoongi. Felt his sadness and disappointment. But she knew she needed to stand her ground, for now at least.

    They hadn't been there long before Jinnie made his appearance.

"Jinnie!" The Muse yelled as she ran for him.

He laughed at her and picked her up when she got to him, careful not to bump her belly.

"Silly girl! It hasn't been that long." he chuckled before kissing the top of her head. 

"I know. But it felt wrong not having you with us." She pouted, "Besides. We are all together now, and the real adventure can begin." she wasn't sure if she meant that to be a positive or not, but at least it would sound good for the cameras.

    The Muse stood outside enjoying the fresh air and sunshine while the rest took their tour of the RV to learn all of the ins and outs of making it work. She quietly observed as they discussed who would be riding where, and she made sure she got into the back seat of the SUV before anyone could say anything. This way she'd only have one husband to deal with versus the three that would be riding in the RV. Thank God food was the first thing on their to do list. She was starving.

    Settled into the back seat with Namjoon, they relaxed as Jinnie took the wheel with Yoongi as the front passenger. Yoongi did well trying to play it cool for the camera that was right in front of his face, but she felt his anxiety grow and caught him looking at her from the mirror on his shade a few times on the way to the restaurant. She did her best to ignore it and tried focusing on her surroundings. Jinnie was playing it up for the cameras and let out his signature loud laugh, causing a little tap low in The Muses' belly. She smiled big and caressed that little spot as she laughed along with them. As long as she had her Warriors at her side, she and Petal would get through this trip, and maybe even have a bit of fun while they were at it.