Chapter 27

Seth POV:

A sob escapes from my lips when I hear footsteps in my room. I cover my mouth with my hand and try to pretend normal, knowing who it is, but I'm not ready to face him yet. I wipe my tears away and take a deep breath before getting up from the bed. "G-Grandpa," I stutter, barely hear myself over the sound of my heart beating in my chest. The emotion that is bubbling up inside me is almost getting too much.

He holds his hand out and stops me from further moving, nodding at me. He grabs my hand and takes me to the balcony, showing me the chair and forcing me to sit on it. "I think it's a long time that we have played chess." He says and sits on the chair opposite me.

"Grandpa, I-" I try to give him a reason for why I haven't gone on a date with Ms. Lee, but he ignores my words and arranges the chessboard in tremendous interest. I glance at him and the board with fear in my eyes but try not to show it on my face.

"Let's start." He orders, tapping his foot on the floor. He glances at my expression and starts the topic slowly. "Why did you not go on a date?"

I open my mouth to say something, but he points at the chessboard and taps on it. I understand his actions, so I shift in the chair nervously and mumble while starting the game, "I tried to go, but I felt sick lately." I can feel my heart pounding hard in my chest. Lying is never my strongest trait and it makes me hard to do it to him when I know I'm ruining everything.

"Hmm.." He hums softly and concentrates on the game without glancing at me. He keeps his mouth shut for a few minutes and tries to trap me in the game. His coins are almost around me and made me not move anywhere. Mostly his silence scares the shit out of me.

My hand shakes in fear as I try to move the coin on the board. I swallow the lump in my throat, making sure it is my heart that tries to burst right out of my chest. I pull my hand back and clasp it around my stomach, feeling sick already.

"What did I miss about you? I could tell whether you were lying to me or not by the look in your eyes." He says and moves his coin on the board. "Checkmate!" He groans and leans back against the chair, glaring at me. "I gave you everything, but you repaid me by turning on your back with that street kid!"

I feel sick to my core right now, unsure of what to do or say. I get up from the chair and walk over, kneeling beside my grandpa. I look down in embarrassment and start to cry frankly in front of him, "Sorry, grandpa. I didn't mean to lie to you. I tried to stay away from him, but when he came in front of me, I couldn't have the heart to shove him away."

He pushes me away vigorously and throws his chair back in one swift movement. "You couldn't be my grandson! My grandson is strong just like me, but you're a pathetic mother fucker who is opposite to him." He spits venom in his words and slams into the wall angrily.

I get up from the floor and try to control him, but he rejects me and leaves my room. I feel ashamed for making the situation difficult. I broke my grandpa's trust like nothing for someone who came into my life yesterday.

Dean POV:

I don't know when I'm not struggling to live in this world without caring about others. I get irritated about the whole thing, but I can't take things in my hands while everything goes individually.

I have to fight for Seth with his grandfather and take him with me, but how can I do if he's not supporting me at my side. I groan at the thought and play with my third glass of whiskey, trying to sense something that will make everything easier.

My throat is burning whenever I take a sip, but I don't care. Usually, I had a couple of beers from time to time when I wasn't with Roman because I had to drive the house on my own, but tonight I needed something heavier.

My soul is hurting me, so I want to drink myself to sleep until I forget everything. I slam the glass back on the table and stumble on my feet, trying to move. I forget about how to walk, so I remind myself and take slow steps.

In this process, I tip over and fall onto someone's lap. "Sorry," I mumble and lift my head to see their face. I get surprised as I find who he is and wish to stay like this for a few minutes before moving away from him, "Hey, baby."

I get on my feet and stand on the table-side for several moments, wondering why he is here. I sit on the empty seat across from him and warn myself not to speak at first. It's my part of the plan to be one step ahead of him.

I have to study him and get a feel for the gravity of the situation before approaching him. I fold my hands on the table and watch him in mild interest.

He watches me back, but it's not a stare. There is no hostility in his expression. The light in his eyes diminishes with worry, but he looks good, damn good, gorgeous as ever. His tongue runs over his lips as he taps his finger on the glass. They are either dry or he is nervous, or thirsty, or wanting a kiss.

I keep silent until getting what's bothering him and itching his mind. I lean back on the chair and put my hand behind my head, playing the card right. "You're such a whore!" I point at him and laugh slightly.

He coughs on his drink and blinks, "What?!"

I shrug and talk to him carefully, making sure he is getting on the right track. "After all that's happened, you're still committed to your grandpa's mantra. Can you not leave the luxurious life, slut?"

His nostrils flare in anger as he throws the glass away and looks around at the surroundings. Without giving any hint, he throws himself over me and punches me in the mouth. "How dare you call me such names?" He yells and keeps hitting me as much as he can.

I roll us over and trap him underneath me, grabbing his hands and keeping him in control. "I told you nothing wrong. You're a whore! You're adjusting to everything for luxurious life!" I yell at his face and notice the emotions in his eyes.

He rolls us over in one swift movement and grabs the collar of my jacket. "I didn't beg for a luxurious life! I adjusted with my grandpa's decision for respect in him, not anything. I grew up in his control, so I couldn't shove him away like he was nothing.. I'm not a whore.. I'm not a slut.. I'm not begging for luxury.." He leans down and places his head on my chest, crying hard.

I stroke his hair gently and press a kiss on his forehead. "I'll believe you if you leave everything behind."

He snails his head away from my chest and glances at me. His eyes swell with confusion and emotions, not knowing what I'm talking about. He doesn't care about the surroundings, so I am.

I move my hand to his face and wipe the tears away from his cheeks. "I love you... Don't think I'm talking from the alcohol. I can hold my liquor. I-I love you! I'll take care of you. I'll go to the end of the earth to prove it to you."

He stares at me for a few minutes before standing up on his feet and making his way to the exit. His emotions embrace him and let him not think about anything. He needs some space to clear his mind and consider my words. He's not a whore or slut like I've told. He is my baby, and I try to let him be it.