Chapter 39

Dean POV:

It's almost afternoon by the time we decide to return home. I don't complain about it because I want to stay at Roman's house for a few more minutes, but Seth doesn't seem interested. I knew he was disturbed since the moment his eyes laid on my dad. I need to comfort him, but I don't know how to approach him.

Suddenly he grabs the car keys from me and yanks the driver's side door of the car before giving it a look and getting inside. Oh, again! Usually, he was losing his mind and did something stupid whenever he got disturbed.

"I'm driving," I add quietly, but he flips switches and turns dials on the dashboard until an angry screaming voice and unnecessary bass filling the car. It's his idea of music.

I huff and climb into the passenger seat without saying anything because I don't want to raise the tension between us. Without knowing what to do, I lean down and press a kiss on his cheek, making him remember that I'm with him.

"I-I just want to go home." He sounds like a parent explaining something to a small child. He glances over his shoulder before backing up, the tires making a slight screech as he jerks forward too quickly, peeling out of the driveway and heading toward the highway. He peers at me once and mumbles, "And what are you bitching about, anyway? You have your dad's words to think about it now."

"Hey, baby. I know you're distracted. With that in mind, you can't drive safely." I try to convince him, but again he has insisted. Something about not trusting me in one piece. Never mind, he's barely in one piece after seeing my dad. What he is thinking is wrong!

I push the passenger seat back as far as it can go, throwing my right forearm over my face after hauling the hood of my hoodie up. I know talking to him now is a risk of the worth, so I have to keep silent until we reach home.

I wake up when he kicks the volume up on the stereo and opens a window, the blast of cold air and screeching of death metal each a rough and unwanted jolt into consciousness. "..What the fuck, baby?"

"Gotta stay awake." He closes the window about halfway but doesn't make a move to lower the volume of the stereo.

I shift uncomfortably in my seat and roll my neck before carefully lifting one shoulder, then the other. "Stop the car, baby. We've to buy food for tonight." To be surprised, he jams his foot on the brake and halts the car. I sigh and open the door, stepping outside and running into the restaurant.

After buying the food, I make my way to the car and notice him standing outside and leaning against it. I shake my head and take lazy steps toward him since I'm too tired. Suddenly I hear the wheels of a car ready to crush.

As I'm turning, shocked to see, there is a car running fast already close to Seth and makes my heart leap to my throat. I drop the food bags furiously and run toward Seth, changing his position and making sure he is safe. But to my bad luck, my arm gets hit by the car.

"Ouch!" I scream in pain and hold my arm, softening it gently. It seems nothing serious, but it hurts a little more. I glance at the road to check the other car, but there is no evidence of its presence. I turn to look at Seth as he grabs my hand and touches the aching part.

"I-It gets swollen!" He stutters with tears in his eyes and rubs my arm. "Get in the car. We have to go to the hospital." He sounds scared and forces me to slide into the car. He doesn't listen to any of my words until we reach the hospital and get checked up by the doctor.

Seth POV:

I sit on the couch and stare at my reflection on the television until I feel exhausted. I want to talk to Dean, but I don't know what because my mind is bothering me since I have seen his dad earlier. Even if I'm not in the mood, I have to confess to him something.

I groan and palm my face, trying to get my thoughts together before getting up from the couch. I walk over to our room and open the door, glancing at my boyfriend while standing in the doorway. "D-Dean.."

He flutters his eyes open and peers back at me, expecting my appearance somehow. It meant he didn't take a rest as the doctor had told. He got hurt by a fucking car, but thankfully it was not a severe injury. So it doesn't mean he can wake up now.

"You didn't sleep yet." I walk over to him and run my fingers through his messy curls, trying to please him. "Oh. I don't want to disturb you then." I press a small kiss on his forehead and turn to leave, but he grabs my hand, and the next thing I know that I'm sitting on his lap.

"Baby, let me explain something to you." He shifts his position slightly to get comfortable and places his hand on my cheek. "You're my boyfriend. It means that I will always have time for you. Won't matter if I'm doing something or not, okay?"

I nod and bite my lip nervously, "Okay." It feels a little strange to be sitting on the injured man's lap like a little kid, but I figure it's not an issue now.

"So, what's bothering you?" He asks, placing a kiss on my cheek and trying to encourage me.

I take a deep breath and recall what has happened in his friend's house earlier. Immediately tears start to burn in my eyes, and I brush them away. "I'm selfish, Dean. I know I'm being a wall for father and son's relationship, but I don't know what else to do."

"Oh, baby." He tightens his grip around my waist and kisses my cheek. "Don't think like that."

I kiss his forehead and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in his chest. "No. I left everything behind to have a wonderful life with you, but I didn't think about your dad. My only focus was on you at that time. I don't know what to do now. I-I can't survive if you leave me for your dad.." As more tears spill from my eyes, he is trying to dry my tears with the bedsheet, but I swat his hand away. "No, Dean. That's raw silk. You'll ruin it."

He can't help but smile to himself, thinking about something. "You're really a stupid, baby. You don't even know how you're feeling, sometimes!"

I pull away from him and gaze at him out of tear-stained lashes. "Don't judge me for that. Maybe I don't know how to express my feelings, but I promise the tears I have in my eyes are true!" I wipe my tears away and show my tear-covered hand to him.

"Hey, I can't judge you for anything.." He says, and I try to reply something, but he covers my mouth with his hand. "..Because you're my baby." He continues, looking into my eyes and trying to make me believe him.

"So you're not going to leave me?" I ask, looking at him in wide-eyed wonderment.

"Nope." He kisses me on the lips gently. "I love you."

I feel my heart rate increasing as I look at him. I close my eyes and whimper when he starts kissing the side of my face and down to my jawline. I reach for his healthy hand with my own and interlock our fingers. "Even though I'm selfish?"

He lets his fingers tilt my chin up and smiles, "Yes, even though you're selfish." He kisses me again. "But you know the kidnapper is my dad, and I owe him an apology. He believed me with his whole heart, but I really hurt him."

I lean back into his embrace and realize my mistake now. "That means I should owe an apology to my grandpa. He also believed me with his whole heart, but I hurt him."

Instead of saying something, he rolls his eyes and plants kisses down my neck that causes me to giggle. I roll over on my back, and he lies on top of me, playfully nipping my skin. I laugh and pull him up by his ear. I kiss him lightly on the lips. "I love you, Dean."

He can't help but blush when I say those words to him. He can guess by the soft look in my eyes that I mean what I have said. "I love you too, baby." He covers my mouth with his and draws me into a fervent kiss.