Chapter 24

Seth POV:

It shouldn't have happened like this. Never, ever, like this. How was it possible that two absolute slugs, like Dean and his dad, could completely mind fuck me to this degree? I couldn't even believe that how low they stooped to give revenge on someone.

My grandpa always tells me not to trust anyone because they will betray me and make me a joke. Both of them were on my tail before I arrived home from my studies, but I lost everything when my sight glued to Dean. I tried to love him even if he was beyond our status and not for my grandpa's dream man for me, but he betrayed me.

I take a big gulp of my beer and try to forget the blabbing roaming in my mind. I lean against the edge of the bed and kick the floor like a maniac, repeating the image of Dean's dad's hand on my cheek.

I didn't even get a slap from my grandpa still now, but that fucker slapped me like the hundredth time in a day. It hurt too bad, but the pain Dean gave me was even farther away from it. His father slapped me on my cheek, but he whacked me on my heart.

I rub the ache in my chest and whimper a little, taking another sip of my beer. I bite my lip and hold back the noise that is coming out of my mouth. I don't want to build a bad image of myself in front of my family.

I didn't tell my family who kidnapped me because Dean's father was involved in this. I don't want to get my crush into trouble. "No, he's not my crush!" I curse under my breath and throw the bottle at the door.

I palm on my knees and stare at the floor. Their words continue to verse through my head like an annoying song that I can't get rid of. It eats away at me, my heart feeling heavier and heavier, tears starting to form in my baby browns. Does it ever hurt, in ways, I never experience in my life? Why does everything hurt so badly?

I lean my back further into the bed and close my eyes, trying to get sleep. I open my eyes slowly and pat the bed for my phone, which is ringing and trying to give me another headache.

I blink my eyes and glance over at the screen of my phone, not knowing who is calling me. My eyes are almost glassy from the alcohol, so I can't see anything precisely. I swipe the button and accept the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, ba-" I throw the phone at the wall harshly when I hear Dean's voice from it. I stare at the broken pieces of my phone, which are placed on the floor a few feet away from me. It looks almost like my heart has broken in my chest.

I laugh a little as a tear runs down my cheek, straining on it. I wipe my tears away and decide to forget the chills that I get when we stare at each other. I try to ignore the feeling of his lips against mine when we try to psyche each other.

Dean POV:

I get trapped between my baby and dad, who isn't ready to listen to my words and understand my feelings. I could see the frustration in both of their eyes as they saw me last time. I didn't mean to betray them because they were two important people in my life.

Last time, I felt utterly numb while the words continued sailing between them. I could see it sinking into Seth's mind and could imagine him chewing it, digesting it, and what I feared the most, agreeing with it.

I tried to convince him not to worry about anything. Because I love him more than anything in the world, and there is nothing that can ever break it. 

My phone falls out of my hand like my life as I sit on the couch in annoyance, thinking about how to convince him. I could feel the anguish in his voice when he talked to me. I tried to explain everything, but he didn't want to hear my voice.

I palm my face and think about how to get him back into my life. I can't do anything if he leaves me because he is the strength and weakness of my life. If he is with me, I will make everything get back on track.

I don't want to worry about my dad even if he doesn't want to see my face anymore because he never makes any decisions badly. But Seth is not like him; he always makes stupid decisions whenever he loses his mind.

My thoughts are interrupted when Roman comes to me with a mug and gives it to me. "Are you still thinking about the situation?" He asks as he sits on the couch beside me.

"Yeah." I nod and take a sip of my coffee, trying to get into a single mind.

"Hey, don't worry. They will understand you soon." He says and tries to give me some comfort. "And Seth doesn't tell about you and your dad to his grandpa, so he still has feelings for you."

"That's only bothering me too much. My baby is not good at lying, so his grandpa will take some move against him if he finds Seth is lying to him." I rub my head in dread and try to find what McMahon's next move can be.

"Don't think much, dude. He is Seth's grandpa, so he doesn't do any crazy shit that spoils his grandson's life!" He tries to convince me, even if he knows that it's not true.

I know McMahon well, so I need to do something fast and realize his next move. I will never back down to kill him if he hurts my baby. As much as I know about him, I also know about Seth and his stupid mind. Anyone can use his mind if he gets disturbed by something.