Chapter 38

Dean POV:

I want to visit Roman's house urgently to secure something that I have already, but I don't want to leave Seth in our house alone. The chief topic is about him, so letting him stay home is not worth it.

When we pull the car up to my friend's house, I notice a familiar car is already there. I look over at Seth and give him a small smile, not letting him know what is going on. I nod at him and let go of his hand, making him move freely.

We get out of the car and hold our hands together before approaching Roman's door. I remembered what my friend said about coming to his house now. While encouraging myself, I wet my lips and knock on the door, hoping that he will take care of something.

When he opens the door, he looks at us, surprised, and waves a hand at us. "Hey guys, get in." We step into his house, and he closes the door behind him. He seems a little tense about what will happen once the conversation starts.

I sigh and turn to my right, looking at my dad. I knew he would be here, but my baby didn't know about it. As I'm about to walk over to him, Seth grabs my arm. I can see the apprehension and fear all over his face, with his bottom lip quivering slightly. "What is it, baby? Don't you want me to go talk to him?"

"I.." He starts and then looks down at the floor. "I-I don't know... I can't face him like you. At least not now. Please?"

I want nothing more than to explain the situation to both of them, but seeing the desperation on his face breaks me, so I don't want to force him. "Okay." I wrap my arm around his shoulders and guide him to another room, making him sit on the bed comfortably.

I kneel beside him on the floor and tilt his head up, staring into his eyes. "Baby?"

"Hmm?" He looks at me with that wide-eyed, trusting gaze of his, and it makes me feel even worse.

"I've got something to tell him, baby." I try to convince him and pull him against me, soothing his back. "I'll be back in a few minutes. I love you." I reassure him and feel him nodding at me. I move away from him and give him a small smile before leaving the room.

When I appear in the living room, I notice Roman is trying to convince my dad and making him stay a bit. "Dad?" I call out for him, making sure he's willing to hear my point even if he doesn't want to.

"Just stop right there, Dean." He holds his hand out, nostrils flaring with anger.

"Please.." I beg him, but he doesn't seem to care, so I stand in place and lean against the wall, closing my eyes. I know it's all my fault, so I don't want to force him if he's not want to. I take a deep breath and open my eyes when he calls out for me, surprisingly. I turn to look at him slowly.

He is sitting back in his chair and looking at me warily as if I have done something to displease him. "Have a seat." He points to the chair in front of him, and I sit immediately. He was a man that commanded respect, and right now, I felt as if I was back in high school and had been sent to the principal's office.

The more he stares at me without speaking, the more nervous I become. "I thought I built you like me, but I was wrong. A simple love changed everything and made you against me." He leans forward and folds his hands together in his lap. "You knew it was not the first time someone betrayed me!"

It feels as if all the blood has rushed straight out of my head. "W-What?" I stutter. "Betrayal! No, dad, I didn't even imagine in my dreams to betray you."

"Oh! What had you done now?" He asks violently, almost disgustingly, to have a conversation with me. When I maintain silence for a few moments, he leans back in his chair and looks at me expectantly. "Even before, you don't know about it. Now I bet you know what you have done to me."

"D-Dad," I honestly haven't expected this from him. As far as I knew, he gave me some time to explain myself in a situation like this. What happened now? I shift uncomfortably in the chair. "Actually, I started loving Seth before I knew about him."

"Really?" It is clear that he doesn't believe me. He slips his hand in his pocket and shuffles through something. And then he takes out what looks like gum wrapped in clear plastic. He undoes the gum and pops it in his mouth. "Look, Dean. I'm going to level with you. Man to man."

I nearly gasped out loud. "I-I love him, dad. I should have told you already, but I didn't. That's why I'm suffering now. Even though I knew about him, I still couldn't hate him. He's good in all those bad. And I stole it for me! He may be a grown-ass man, but he's just like a baby in the heart." I don't know why it has been clear to him.

"I don't really understand what you have found so appealing about him. Vince also seemed a good man in the beginning, but I could see his true colors when we flew in the air because of money. Seth is Vince's grandson; he has that bastard's blood in his veins so he should be like him." He talks shit about my boyfriend, and that makes me angry. Furious doesn't help in this situation, so I should have defended my baby.

"He's not like him. He threw everything behind for me to have trust in me. He loves me, so I can't dig him like that." I try to convince him, but he looks away in anger. "If I break his trust and throw him out now, then there is no difference between Vince McMahon and me. That's what the real betrayal, dad!"

He holds his hand out angrily and glares at me. "You're blind by love, so you can't see anything now. It's embarrassing." He shoots me a dark look. "Anyway, you probably have your head messed up by that kid, so nothing will get in your mind now, even if I say so." He laughs helplessly. "If you had respect in my words, you wouldn't have betrayed me already!" He stops talking and pushes his chair back, standing up and making his way out. But this time, I won't stop him.

I hold my head in my hands and stare at the floor, not knowing what to do anymore. I tried to make him understood, but it didn't work out. An understanding is one thing if we all are on the same page, so it's no matter to consider it now. Lots of thoughts swarm through my head as I prepare myself for what's going to happen next.