~ Chapter-36 : The Forceful Intrusion ~

Happy Diwali...💥💥

CHAPTER-36

Ram knocks over the door and waits for the door to open, lost in his thoughts.

Neha opens the door and finds Ram in front with an upset face lost in his thoughts. She pats his arm asking "Fatty...tum yahan iss waqt. Is everything alright?", all worried.

He walks in absent-mindedly into the house, past the door into the living room, settling over the couch.

Looking at his distorted face, Neha lets him be while she walks in, to fetch some water for him. He still remains unmoved with his head buried into the ground.

Sighing at him, she sits beside him forwarding the glass of water. He takes the glass putting it aside, he hugs her abruptly making Neha all worried.

She pats his back trying to soothe him "Fatty....Kya hua?" with a concerned voice.

Sensing him wetting her shoulder, she breaks the hug and the sight in front of her was heart-wrenching. Ram was all in tears, crying silently.

Wiping off his tears, she gently asks "Fatty....I'm afraid...Bolo na kya hua hai?", making him look into her eyes.

His eyes were filled with guilt and a thin line of moisture. With a crackling voice, he mumbles "Sab khatam ho gaya Neha...I've ruined everything".

Cupping his cheeks, she further asks "What happened...Fatty?", caressing his cheeks trying to comfort him.

He stammers "Priya mujhse pyaar nahi karti hain Neha...Woh mujhse shaadi nahi karna chahti", looking nowhere in particular.

Taking in his words, she just hugs him tight comforting him. "Shh...Calm down Fatty. We'll tackle her...Main usse personally baat karungi...You relax...BP bad jaayega...Fatty", in an attempt to soothe him.

"Woh nahi manegi Neha...I've just ruined everything...I've lost her forever", breaks down weeping.

"Tum toh usse aaj raat ko confess karne waale the na...toh achanak kaise", asking him to know what actually happened.

Composing himself, he narrates the whole scenario that happened in the morning along with her resignation followed by confronting her.

Neha sits quietly absorbing Ram's words with undivided attention. Hearing all, she was dumbfounded by the happenings, especially Ram threatening her.

She burst out on him "Ram...How can you bloody threaten her?...And What right you have on her daughter to take her away?", glaring at him.

"I just want her to accept me, Neha. I didn't realise what I asked for in my desperation to win her", looking at his feet in guilt.

Neha sighs at the damage that has happened. She warns him "You are not going to adopt Peehu...Aur kal tum usse Sorry bologe...apne iss behavior ke liye", pointing her index finger at him.

Further continuing "Main promise nahi kar sakti...par main use baat karke samjhane koshish karungi", convincing him.

He nods in affirmation with a faint smile still uncertain about tomorrow.

Wiping his tears, she asks "Waise mere pati kahan hain?", trying to divert him with her charm as always.

-------------------

Amidst the midnight, around 12:00 am the wind-chimes swayed along the wind making a tingling sound.

Collecting all the adoption papers and filing them, Priya walked downstairs making her way towards her room with the only source of light, Nanga-Deep.