~ Chapter-29 : The Echo of '🕉' ~

CHAPTER-29

Giggling, he follows her behind.

They step in bare feet, crossing the threshold of the temple.

The temple was spread across a vast area, and the mega-structure felt like its tip kissing the sky.

The massive trees around made the atmosphere so different from the outside. A strong camphor fragrance filled their nostrils alerting them the puja going on.

The temple barely had any people as it is situated a bit away from the city.

Climbing the few steps of the Adhistana, they enter into the main Mandap. The pillars supporting the structure were so huge yet so unnoticeable due to the intricate and elaborate carvings depicted on them. One cannot help feeling the curves over their palm.

Priya halts looking around the beauty of the temple, truly lost in it. Walking a bit forward, they find a huge bell hanging down from the centre of the ceiling.

Ram peacefully notices her actions as she just seems to be lost here. Standing exactly underneath the huge-bell, closing her eyes, Priya gives a gentle yet a firm ring.

The sound and vibrations emitted were so intense that it evokes the goosebumps in Ram, yet it is so soothing and heart-warming to hear. The vibrations made them witness the moment.

Priya rings it once again, having her eyes closed like she was trying to detect something. Her eyes were knotted. Peehu tugs Ram's pants saying "I too want to ring it, Golu uncle", pointing towards the bell.

Scooping her up, he steps a bit closer to Priya. Opening her eyes, she says "Princess, this bell is magical. .. Magic dikhaoo?", with sparkling eyes.

Peehu smiles ear to ear, nodding her head in excitement. Priya steps back a little for Ram to occupy. Priya instructs Peehu that she'll be counting 1, 2, 3 and then she needs to ring it.

Peehu nods trying to hold the clapper but it's too high to reach her tiny arms. Ram quickly lifts her, puts her over his shoulder, having her straddling his neck.

Holding the clapper, Peehu squeals "Count Mumma", curious to ring the bell. Ram keeps staring at Priya, thinking what is she up to.

Priya nods counting, One ... Two ........ Three and Peehu ring the bell. Matching to the frequency of the sound, Priya hums "Om .... ", till the last bit of its sound.

Both the sounds echo in perfect synchrony arousing the butterflies in their tummies.

Peehu asks "Once more Mumma, the echo is so ... good", and Priya nods in delight. Ram was stunned with how she's jiggling with the echo's making his goose-bumps get intense in pleasure.

Peehu once again rings it and Priya matches its perfect frequency humming "Om .... " till it's the last echo. Ram was so overwhelmed that he ended up moaning softly. Priya looks up, smiling warmly.

He carefully puts Peehu down, asking "Where do you learn all these?", with curiosity spilling.

Biting her lip, she gently whispers "It's not about learning, Sir .. .it's about noticing".

His eyes turned into huge saucers at this statement of hers. She walks towards the idol, pressing her palms against one another.

The pandit gives them teeth and prashad, sprinkling some perfect turmeric rice grains on their heads blessing them.

Looking at Priya, he smiles warmly saying "Kismat waali ho .. ". She faintly smiles in return walking off.

Completing their darshan, they sit by a pillar, taking in the peace surrounded there. Priya was still staring at the mega-structure with undivided focus. Ram gently nudges her "Priya ... Spill na .. .I'm really curious".