~ Chapter-21 : Misconception of 'Pati-Patni'👨‍👩‍👧 ~

CHAPTER-21

They reach the guest house, and the driver parks the car over the side turning off the engine he steps out to escort the luggage from the car's bonnet.

Ram and Priya too step out of the car with Peehu resting her cheeks on Priya's neck.

The watchman comes running to them guiding them towards the doorway. The house was simple yet so lavish. They step in looking around the house while a lady house-keep comes their way greeting them.

The watchman leaves asking the lady to take care of their needs. The lady bows at them in respect "Sir, do you want me to serve water ?...Mam?", looking at both of them.

Ram nods in negation "Nahi...Mam ko kamra dikha..dho..", looking at Priya he continues "Peehu ko bed pe sulaa dena".

Priya nods and follows the lady entering into a bedroom, she quickly puts Peehu down over the bed and pats her back sensing her stir. She surrounds Peehu with cushions and looks around the room.

The room was huge reflecting its royalty and luxury. She sighs tying her hair in a bun. The lady looks at Priya and says "If you need anything, Please let me know, Mam", with respect in her eyes.

Priya smiles warmly at her "Aap mujhse badi hain...MAM mat bulaayiye mujhe....Just call me Priya", holding her palms in hers.

The lady looks at Priya and nods with a bit of hesitation. Priya further asks "Waise..aapka naam kya hain?", the lady says "Poonam".

Priya nods "Bahut hi pyaara naam hain...Can I call you Poonam didi..?". The lady smiles back wide nodding her head in affirmation.

Poonam says "Main aapki luggage laati hu", she leaves without letting Priya utter any further. She sits back on the bed feeling a bit tired, closing her eyes she rests her head over the headrest.

Poonam steps into the room with the entire luggage. The screeching sound from the luggage makes Priya open her eyes.

She looks at the luggage saying "That bag is not mine..Didi", pointing at the luggage Poonam is holding.

Poonam was about to open her mouth while Ram enters saying "Kya hua?", sensing the stress lines on Priya's forehead. He looks at his luggage and says "Yeh dusre kamre mein rakh deejiye", pointing at his luggage.

Priya too nods at his statement. Poonam stands confused saying "Aap toh pati-patni hain...Toh alag kamre kyun?", looking at both of them.

Priya scrunches her eyes close in embarrassment, fisting her palms.

Ram blushes at her statement but hides it off quickly saying "Aap galat samajh rahi hain...She's my employee...We are here on a business meeting".

Poonam says "Maine socha...Khair...I'll put this luggage in the adjacent room", quickly leaves the room. Priya looks nowhere particular.

Ram goes towards her sitting beside her "Priya, it's alright...there's nothing to feel that embarrassed. She just misunderstood things", Priya nods her head.

His eyes fall over Peehu and he asks "When will she be up ?". She says "Abhi toh soyi hain, Sir....she'll wake up in the evening...maybe around 5:00pm". He nods pressing his lips against one another.

Ram's mind keeps strolling around the medicine box he's seen earlier. His mind keeps pestering him to ask her about it.

He ends up deciding to try once more. He looks at her "Tumne mere sawaal ka jawab nahi diya". She looks at him asking "Kaunsa sawaal?", knotting her eye-brows.