~ Chapter-09 : Birthday Celebrations🎉 ~

CHAPTER-9

Ram asks further "Aapko kaise pata hain, Peehu?", with exitement filled tone she says "Aaj subah Mumma ne bataya and she gifted me this..", she pulled out the simple golden chain with a beautiful heart shaped pendant on which Peehu and Priya are inscribed over it.

The chain perfectly fits her neckline. "It's beautiful, Peehu....Aapko pasand aaya ?" he asks her. She screams in happiness "I love it, Golu uncle...", kissing the pendant. He smiles seeing the excitement and happiness in her eyes.

He thought "Agar Priya ki birthday hain...toh usne kisike kuch kaha kyu nahi ?....And she looks a bit moody today....I have to confronting her", he gets up from the couch and rushes to Priya's cabin not even bothering to knock, he just barges in.

He witnesses Priya putting her head in between her arms over the desk. She took a break due to the terrible headache due to some unavoidable thoughts running on the back of her head. He softly calls "Priya...Priya...", getting no response, he sits on the chair opposite to her and places his palm on her arm, rocking her.

Sensing an unknown touch, she quickly retreats back her posture and finds Ram in-front of her. She apologises "Sorry.....It's just a power nap...Sir", he cuts her off "I haven't asked any explanation Priya....I can understand", after some pause he resumes "I thought we were friends Priya....but perhaps...You didn't think likewise", with disappointment in his eyes.

She was perplexed with his statement, she said "What made you say that, Sir". He smirks "Today.....is your birthday..and...you didn't even care to let me know about it". Now she understood what context he was conversing with.

She just shrugs off her shoulders saying with utter casualty "It's just a birthday, Sir.....This too shall pass..Nothing really special to let you know..Sir", her eyes said opposite of her words. He can see the loneliness in her eyes which she tried concealing.

She further says "Waise bhi...Birthdays are meant for kids...Not for me", her voice cracks in between. She grabs the nearby water bottle and sips in an attempt to ease her throbbing head. He cheers her up saying "Ok...aaaa...y....par ek din keliye bacche toh ban sakte hain na....bithday manaane keliye".

She was not in a mood to accept his words. She just overlooks his words, glancing at the wall-clock she says "Sir, we have a meeting with the US delegates in the next thirty minutes", tring to divert the topic. He says "What the heck Priya.....Bhaad mein gayi meetings....Cancel all my meetings for today", with an irritated tone.

She defends saying "But Sir....the meeting with US delegates is far more important than my birthday.....Please don't pester me more, Sir". He sighs deeply seeing her in celebration-denial mode.

He never in his life met a person who is so dispassionate about their own birthday. How can she just overlook today's date.

He even doubts for a second, is she a girl....because girls go crazy for their birthdays....they keep counting days....and here, this lady specimen is saying "This too shall pass". He nods his head in disbelief.

He really wants to celebrate her birthday. He further pleads "Aaj ke liye maan jao na yaar...", she straight away says "I'm not a kid, Sir....and...no means no", with a straight face.

He frowns for a while and the next minute, he giggles "Accha...tum bacchi nahi ho....than.. your a white-haired granny of maybe sixties...or... seventies...Hain na !....Aise logon ko birthdays manana shobha nahi deti hain..." making fun of her, further giggling.

She immediately glares at him, pointing her finger at him "Stop that....I'm just 34....It takes a lot more for you to call me granny...", she realises what she blurted out. She immediately regrets what she said, she blushes and puts an embarrassed face.