~ Chapter-14 : At the Backyard ~

CHAPTER-14

Ram tosses over the bed trying to chase after his sleep.

He can hear the constant tingling sound, some faint voices and giggles in the background.

Pulling the duvet over his head, he slowly slips into the slumber.

After a while, he feels some tiny weight around his waist. He senses, someone pulls his duet off his head letting the sun-rays fall directly over his face.

It irks him a bit. He wants to catch some more sleep. He slowly opens his eyes adjusting to the sun-rays to give some earful to his sleep-snatcher.

He opens his eyes and finds Peehu sitting over his tummy with her legs straddled around his waist. A serene smile crept in looking at her.

He looks around grabbing his wrist-watch and finds it's just half past 6 in the morning.

He sighs looking at the adjacent window, the Sun has just risen from the horizon. Peehu looks at Ram saying "Good Morning, Golu uncle.....Uthiye....", she taps over his chest with her tiny palms.

He is not really an early-riser, having a desire to sleep some more, he closes his eyes, laying down Peehu over him. He gently pats her back aying "Darling.....Sleep na...It's barely morning".

Peehu sits upright saying "Wake up....Golu uncle.....Mumma bhi uth gayi...Sirf app hi so rahe hain....Uthiye na...", listening to her words he asks back "Mumma uth gayi? Itni jaldi...".

Peehu nods in affirmation saying "Haan".

Dragging his hand she says "Utho....". He sits up resting his back over the headrest, wrapping his arms around Peehu's waist, he asks "Tum itni jaldi kyun uth gayi..?".

He was actually a bit surprised to see a 3-year old waking up so early. She slaps her forehead with her tiny palm saying "Offo...Golu uncle...Main toh roz isi time pe uth jaati hu".

He was about to ask something but he hears Priya screaming "Peehu....Peehu....kahan ho bacche ?".

Peehu bits her tongue screaming "Ayi...Mumma...", she jumps onto the bed in a hurry and gets down the bed, coming to his side she says "Wake up lazy bones", with mischief filled in her tone.

He chuckles hearing her cute scoldings.

He says "Haan meri maa, uth raha hu" and was about to get up he hears Priya saying "Behave Peehu....Woh bohot bade hain aap se...aise baat karte hain badon se", in a stern yet sharp voice.

Peehu instantly turns towards the door, finding Priya at the entrance.

Ram looks at the source of the scoldings and is just freezed gazing at the sight. He saw Priya leaning at the entrance of the room draped in white cotton mulmul saree with droplets dripping down her hair.

Jhumkas adorning her ears, red-bindi in between her eyebrows, golden kangan and a chain around her wrists and neckline. A thin silver-waistband around her waist in turn hugging her waist.

The tender sunrays descending over her skin making her look breath-taking and utterly serene. He was gawking at her with his jaws hitting the floor.

Her waist-line was cladded in a saree playing pee-ka-boo. He was just lost looking at her ethereal beauty. He was mesmerised, and kept staring at her.

Peehu looks at Priya saying "He is my friend na...Mumma..", more of defending her statement.

Priya cuts in "But he is older than you Peehu....Aise baat nahi karte Princess", making her understand.