~ Chapter-01 : The Interview ~

CHAPTER-01

Ram-Have you shortlisted the candidates to be interviewed?

Jenny-Yes Sir. They are waiting in the reception for the final round to be done. Shall I call them in?

Ram-(checking his wristwatch, it showed 10:55 am) Firstly, send me the work profiles of the candidates. Send them in one by one after 11:15 am. Am I Clear?

Jenny-Yes sir

Jenny has given the work profiles of the candidates and got back to work.

One of the ladies in the reception was continually looking at the clock, she got up from the couch restlessly and approached the desk of the reception.

Lady-Excuse me! Can I know how long it will take?

Jenny-Ma'am, Sir is engaged in a conference. After it ends, he'll be interviewing the shortlisted candidates. Till then make yourself comfortable ma'am. The Cafeteria is on floor no.17.

Lady-Oh!Thank you.

The lady got back to the couch and kept staring at the clock restlessly. Her tummy was growling.

-----------------------

At 11:15;

Jenny picked up the ringing intercom and said: "yes sir, okay sir."

Putting down the intercom, she sent the candidates one after the other into The Director's cabin.

Two candidates were kicked-out in less than 10 minutes further scaring the already restless lady.

She is the last candidate to go in. Jenny said"you can take the interview ma'am. The cabin is the straight and first right."

The lady reaches the cabin and halts by the door taking a deep breath, setting herself a bit, lessening her nervousness by rubbing her hands together and grabbing the ragging heartbeats she knocked over the door for grabbing the attention as well as seeking the permission.

She heard a rough male voice scaring her by further increasing her heartbeats saying "Come in".

Saying so, Ram has turned around to face the door.

He saw the lady coming in the cabin with the file in her left arm, hugging it to her chest.

She closed the door leaving just an inch open and walked to the desk managing her breaths and stumbled a bit while reaching the desk.

        This stumbling made Ram smile a bit.

The lady wore a simple white salwar kameez with her embroidered dupatta correctly pinned to her chest, her ears bearing some simple studs and kangan in her hands and her hair was left open on her right shoulder with minimal makeup.

She looks simple, yet elegant.

       Ram observed sweat beads forming along her temples and upper lip with AC running on its peaks. Ram said, "You may have your seat, Miss."

       The lady had her seat, taking a deep breath she said "Good Morning Mr.Kapoor"stammering a bit, forwarding the file that she brought along with her, fidgeting with her dupatta under the desk.

      Ram noticed that she is nervous and tensed, he said " Relax Miss.Priya, your name is Priya, Right?" starring at her.

This made her feel a bit uncomfortable. She said "Right Mr.Kapoor".

He said "Have a glass of water and make yourself comfortable so we can start with the interview", pointing towards the bottle placed in front of her.

She emptied the bottle in go, wiping off the wetness with her dupatta she said " We can proceed with the interview, Sir", speaking, so she stole a glance from the wall clock that shows 11:32am.

Ram-(looking into her resume) "So you have done your Graduation in Civil Engineering and then Mba Finance. Quiet impressive! Can I know the reason for such a huge variation in fields?", looking at her and trying to analyse her.

Priya-"Absolutely, Sir! I have pursued as a Civil Engineer due to my interest. I am very passionate about designing(Ram can notice a sparkle in her eyes). I have done Mba Finance for a Static job, Sir."-she said, trying to ease herself.

Ram-"That's alright, then you must have tried for a job in the designing field"-he said as he was a bit confused.

Priya- "I have a family to look after, Sir". So I would need a Static job. The designing includes a lot of site work and transfers too. So I can't afford that Sir"-she said again taking a glance of the time.

The meeting went on with such random questions for around 90 minutes.

Jenny was a bit amazed knowing that the interview that too for PA selection is going on for so long.

The meeting has finally come to an end. Ram was quite impressed with the communication skills of Priya and was mesmerised with her simplicity.

Priya has got all the qualities that he wanted, but he noticed that she was continually following back the time and was a bit tensed.

Ram-I think, its lunchtime now. Let's end the interview here. I'm glad to say that you have cracked this interview. You can leave for now. Collect your confirmation and appointment letter from Jenny and submit your certificates in the Admin department.

Ram stood up while Priya glanced at the clock, standing up, he put his hand forward for the handshake.

Priya thought for a while, and with lots of hesitation, she just put her fingers ahead for the handshake.

Ram noticed it and smiled a bit thinking "ajeeb ladki hain,haath milaane ke liye bhi hichkichaarahi hain".

Ram said, shaking her fingers " Welcome to Kapoor Industries Miss.Priya".

She said just giving a tiny smile " It will be a pleasure working with you, Sir".

      Priya has withdrawn her hand immediately saying "I shall take your leave, Sir".

She once again glanced at the clock collecting her file and about to leave when Ram asked: "If you don't mind, shall I ask something?".

She said, looking from her shoulder "Please, go ahead, Sir!".

     Ram asked with a bit confusion "You said that you have a family to look after and I notice you mentioned your name as just Priya with no Surname mentioned in the resume. Would you mind explaining?"

     Priya just closed her eyes for a while trying to be strong, she said "Har naam ke piche Surname hona jaroori toh nahi hain na Sir.Surname unlogon ka hota hain jinke paas koi apna hota hain".

Speaking so, she was about to open the door while he questioned " You said you have a Family ?" a bit amused with her twisted answer.

      She said, " I think, I don't owe you an explanation for this Sir. You're getting personal".

She paced a bit faster, glancing at the clock for the last time before leaving the cabin.

------------------------

     Ram was curious to know about her and was attracted to the innocence in her eyes, and was taken aback with her stern reply.

He thought " It would be a -pleasure exploring you MISS.PRIYA".

      On the other side, coming out of the KI Premises, Priya thought it was quite late, taking the rikshaw she hurried towards her destination, lost in the thoughts of her family.

------------------------------