~ Chapter-41 : Back to Square 'ONE'⁉️ ~

Hey guys....🤩🤩
I'm back with an update...real soon this time
Happy Reading..

CHAPTER - 41

She quivers with the opening of her unwounded scars.

Shruthi slowly peeps into Priya's room with the baby girl in her arms.

Finding Priya alone lying on the bed, she walks in over her toes not wanting to disturb her.

Shruthi sits on the edge of the bed uttering "I know you're not asleep, Priya. Uth ja...baat karni hai tujhse", putting the baby down on the bed, she folds her arms on her chest waiting patiently.

Not getting any response, Shruthi apologizes "Sorry, Priya from both of our behalf", nudging her.

Priya doesn't seem to budge. Shruthi pleads "Priya...Sorry baba....dekho mein apni kaan pakad ke apologize kar rahi hoon", holding her earlobes.

"Baby ke liye bhi nahi...manogi Priya. You didn't even hold her for once", trying her best to manofy her.

After hearing about the baby, she slowly sits up bringing her knees close to her chest and wiping off the wetness of her cheeks.

Shruthi carefully holds the baby and hands her over to Priya.

Taking her into her palms, she gently smiles saying "Peehu bhi bilkul aisi hi thi. She always used to have a smile on her lips while she was asleep. The subtle smile was enough for me to forget the world around", remembering her time with Peehu.

Gently caressing the baby's forehead, Priya compliments "Bilkul Palash pe gayi hain. Exactly his Carbon copy".

Priya smiles at Shruthi and she too reciprocates while Priya further asks "Have you thought of any name for her?", looking at the baby girl adorably.

Shruthi nods in denial and says "You know what Priya...You and this cutie pie were born on the same day. After seeing her for the very first time you know what Palash told?", looking at Priya.

Priya nods in denial further staring at Shruthi while Shruthi rings Palash hiding the mobile behind her back.

Shruthi continues "Seeing her he wished her to turn out like you once she's grown. And he still strongly believes that she'll be exactly like you as she shares your date of birth", recalling the previous events.

Priya just keeps staring at Shruthi blankly.

Breaking her stance, Shruthi whines "Tell na Priya...what should we name her", asking her to suggest a name.

Priya giggles "You both have to be thinking about it. Yeh nahi ki...friend pe daal do", taunting her.

Shruthi too chuckles while Palash slowly enters in cat-paws and settles in front of Priya holding his ears with a frown adorned on his lips. Priya stares at him blankly with a straight face.

Palash apologises "Sorry...Priya ", genuinely feeling guilty. Putting the baby-girl back in Palash's arms , hugging her knees closer to her chest, she smirks at his apology.

"Kitna asaan hota hain na Palash...Sorry bolna?", Priya asks, piercing her gaze through him.

"Aisa mat bolo yaar...Priya", his voice cracking.

Not wanting to listen any further, wiping her palms over her face, she shrugs off "Never mind Palash...".

He falls silent for a while as Priya resumes "You know what...Ab mujhe kahin na kahin lagne laga hain ki...people whom you allow close to your heart...know exactly where to hit", looking at both of them.