~ Chapter-11 : Stay at Mahika Vaikunt ~

CHAPTER-11

Priya pushes open the main gate and holds it for him to enter in.

He quickly enters in closing the gate behind him.

Cold breeze rushes in making them feel cool, sending shivers down their spines. The constant wind passing by smells so pleasingly soothing. He feels his nerves cooling down. He always felt a strange peace here.

They walk through the pavement across the greenery. Priya halts at the main door of the house, putting Peehu down on her feet pulling down a knob which in turn lights up the outside with a few yellow lights all around. Both head towards the left of the door.

Ram just keeps following behind scrutinising every single movement of hers. She peels off her wedges and Peehu's sandals, puts them in the shoe-rack and looks at him anticipating.

He looks back at her raising his shoulders gesturing 'What'. She looks down to his feet.

Understanding her gesture, he quickly removes his shoes and socks, putting them into the shoe-rack beside her wedges. She closes it moving a bit forward and steps into a large basin that is a bit lower than the remaining flooring. Peehu too steps in.

The basin has been surrounded with a couple huge brass pots filled with water and brass mugs floating over them. She gets further into the basin grabbing the brass-mug, she dips the mug into the pot and splashes the water over Peehu's feet followed by hers.

She gives the door keys to Peehu from her bag, indicating Peehu to get in. Peehu grabs the keys, unlocking it, rushes in. Ram looks at her running in and a smile crept in. She looks at him and moves further in making space for him to fit.

He slowly gets in the basin tucking his pants up with his fists. Priya fills the mug and splashes water over his feet. He hisses with the coolness of the water and shivers a bit.

She giggles at his response and puts back the mug. He keeps admiring her beauty that has been enhanced to its peaks by the moon-light.

She walks into the home followed by Ram behind her. He steps into the house, crossing the fat wooden-threshold.

He looks around the place.

His nostrils are filled with a gratifying smell that soothes his mind instantly. It smells like some sort of camphor smell.

The house looks like a typical south-indian vintage ones, with an open varendah in the centre with its flooring lower than the remaining house

The house looks like a typical south-indian vintage ones, with an open varendah in the centre with its flooring lower than the remaining house. A 3-step block stairs at the four sides of the verandah, supporting the roof with plenty of circular wooden pillars around it.

Goddess Lakshmi idol carved out of rock placed at the heart of the varenda. A lot of wind-chimes hang down all around the verandah, making a pleasant tingling sound. All the remaining rooms are situated around the varendah.