~ Chapter-06 : The Pink Sky ~

CHAPTER-06

A new morning brings in new hopes with its arrival.

The sun peeps in the room making Ram stir from his sugary sleep. He glances at the table clock, it refers 7:50 am. Sitting up leaning over the head-rest for a while lost in his thoughts, rushes off the bed to get ready for the day.

He gets down the stairs and notices dadi and maa were waiting for him at the dining table.

He smiles wide approaching them and gets seated for his first meal of the day. The trio were having their breakfast at peace, when Maa strikes a conversation saying "Ram, aaj-kal kaam jyada hain kya?", focusing over his food "Aisa kuch nahi hai maa. Don't worry", he says.

"Then why were you so late yesterday", dadi glares at him demanding a proper explanation from him. Hearing this, his mind drifts back to the events that happened yesterday and Priya flashes in his head all of a sudden. A smile instantly crept in his face.

He grins at dadi saying "Yesterday......I was late as it was raining cats and dogs and......I've dropped somebody at their home ....that's why". Sensing the change in his tone, dadi asks "That somebody is the same temple girl na ?", he looks at her flabbergasted "Aapko kaise pata ?".

"Tu bhoola toh nahi, mein na tere baap ki maa hu". He chuckles hearing this statement of his. Maa intervenes "Tu pasand karta hain na usey?", he was blank for a while and retorts "Maa woh shaadi-shuda hain. So just chill".

Dadi was really upset hearing it and the rest went off in silence. Finishing his breakfast he heads towards KI.

He was a bit late than usual, the staff had already initiated their work for the day. He just walks into his cabin and gets to work.

After a while, he rings up Priya through the intercom and calls her to his cabin. Priya shows up after a considerable amount of time after seeking his permission. He looks over his screen sensing her presence.

She's dressed in orange & white salwar-kameez, her bouncy locks of curls falling over her shoulders enhancing her beauty. He was lost in admiring her.

Sensing his gaze, she clears her throat making him come out of his day-dreaming. He greets her "Good Morning", indicating her to have a seat. She reciprocates his greetings taking a seat opposite to him.

He looks at her "So, what do think about the conference that happened with Mr. Chadda? Is it a fair deal? Do you think we have to be grabbing it? ", he waits for her opinion. She says "Excuse me, Sir!", rushing out of the cabin.

He just sits there perplexed analyzing her actions. She reappears in a while with her Mac, apologizing for rushing out.

He just nods at her, accepting her apology and asking her to proceed. She makes him see the screen of her Mac and keeps explaining her views.

He just keeps staring at her all the while, making her feel uneasy and nervous.

He keenly noticed her eyes, which were red and puffy. The dark circles were perfectly concealed with a concealer.

She concludes at last "Mr. Chadda's deal was fair on his part, Sir. I don't think this deal will be productive and fruitful for KI. This deal will be beneficial for both of the parties if that changes are made as I've discussed earlier, Sir.", she just sighs and gulps in some water and looks back at him for a reply.

He was awed with her skills. The details that she discussed were just overlooked by him in the first place. For a moment, he felt like he was sitting in front of a business-woman. He felt proud for selecting her.