~ Chapter-26 : Playing Along ~

CHAPTER-26

Priya thought "Peehu sab kuch samajhne lagi hain ... I have to be more careful from now on".

She reaches the pool halting at the bank. Peehu squeals "Get in ... Mumma!", kicking her legs in the water holding onto the tube around her.

Priya looks at her blankly and instantly smiles nodding her head. Ram was also in the pool waiting for her to join. She slowly walks around the pool towards the stairs leading into the pool.

She swallows a lump down her throat, taking deep breath she looks at Ram. Ram can understand that she was nervous as it's her first time. He smiles back at her reassuringly.

She further stares at him in anticipation.

Understanding her cue, he swims to the stairs and forwards his palm. She slowly descends the stairs taking in the chilled water against her skin, with her palm in his.

He grabbed her palm tight and secure in his. After descending a couple of steps she asks "How deep is it, Sir?", looking down into the waters trying to estimate.

His heart says "As deep as you are".

He smiles "Swimming has nothing to do with the depth Priya ... Trust me ... .it's gonna be fun and adventurous", trying to make her feel better.

She nods warning "Please don't leave me in the mid pool, Sir .. Please", with fear evident in her eyes.

He grips onto her palm tighter whispering "Kabhi nahi ... ".

She faintly smiles taking one last step and the water reaches her shoulders but her feet don't seem to touch the floor. She looks at him worried.

He further goes close to her, holding both of her arms just below her underarms tightly, he softly pulls her a bit further into the pool while she gasps loudly putting her palms on either sides of his shoulder still maintaining a sane distance.

She feels like she's drowning into the water further tightening her fists over his shoulders breathing deeply.

Ram further holds her tighter carrying her to the shallower part of the pool joining Peehu.

She still holds onto him tighter, closing her eyes tight having a strange feeling of the gravitational pull over her.

Ram calls out "Priya ... ", looking at her glistening skin under the moonlight. She opens her eyes slowly looking at him helplessly.

He explains "This is the shallower part of the pool, Priya ... Ab pani mein laat maarne ki koshish karo ... ", holding onto her.

She nods swaying her legs feeling a lot of resistance, she further kicks the water looking down into the water clinging onto him.

He cheers her up "Harder,Priya .... ", she kicks the water harder "Yeah ... go on ... this makes you float on the water".

She gets indulged in kicking her legs feeling the water against her skin. Ram feels like she's doing it good enough. Ram slowly loosens his grip further leaving her.

She shrieks in horror further clinging onto him kicking her legs vigorously. She was about to drown in the water while he held her arms instantly "Relax ... ", she huffs almost cling onto his chest.

She pants saying "I'm feeling tired ... Sir ... Get me out of this'', huffing and clinging onto him putting her arms around his neck, struggling to float. He puts his hands around her waist holding her up.

He caresses her back in circles saying "Relax ... Priya ... open your eyes .. .look at me", putting his palm on her cheek. She slowly opens her eyes looking at him with fear evident in her eyes.