~ Chapter-42 : Don't Apologize ~

CHAPTER-42

It was around dinner time, Peehu kept Ram indulged in a home-tour of Mahika-Vaikunt showing him every corner of the house in her enthusiastic state.

Ram too has fun looking around the house which took his heart in the very first place. He forgot all his worries for a time-being.

At last Peehu crawls upstairs asking Ram to follow her. Peehu tries opening the huge wooden door, pushing it but her tiny efforts turn out futile.

"Golu uncle...help me open this door", turning back to ask him. Ram tries twisting the brass knob but after trying a couple of times he finds it being locked.

Looking down at Peehu, he says "Darling, yeh door toh locked hain. We need a key to get in '', explaining her.

Peehu frowns "But Mumma never locks it", trying to still open the door.

"No worries Peehu, we'll see it some other time...Come let's get down for now", forwarding his palm.

Peehu pouts "But I wanted you to see this...Golu uncle. You know how colorful it is?", in a disappointed tone of hers.

He recalls the previous day Priya staying here the whole time and that actually makes him wonder what's behind this door.

Amidst all this, Priya keeps herself engaged in preparing tonight's dinner in an attempt to distract herself from all the thoughts for time-being.

Arranging the dishes over the dining table, she screams "Peehu... It's time for dinner", wiping off her sweat with the back of her palm.

Hearing Priya's voice "Darling, Mumma bhi bula rahi hain come", scooping her up in his arms.

Having nothing to do, Peehu agrees and both make their way into the kitchen.

She slips down Ram's arms as soon as she enters kitchen sitting over the dining table, she asks "Mumma...what's for dinner?", geasturing Golu uncle to take a seat beside her.

Ram settles down, finding Priya clearing the counter area and setting the things back to place.

"It's Dal-Chawal...Princess", Priya states, finishing off her work and walks towards the dining table with plates and bowls in her arms.

Placing them on the table, she quietly places a plate and bowl in front of Ram asking "Sir, Khana paros doon?", not looking into his eyes.

He just nods in affirmation and she serves him rice and dal, asking if he prefers pickle and ghee along.

He straight away denies and Priya serves for Peehu mixing the rice, dal, pickle and a good amount of ghee, forwards a spoon to Peehu to have it.

Peehu savours her food finding it very tasty and Priya walks away to the basin to wash her hands while Ram puts the first morsel in his mouth.

The moment the food crushes against his palate, he grabs the glass of water and finishes it in a go panting.

The spiciness in the food is beyond his tolerance. Priya looks back hearing him panting and knits her eyebrows in perplexion.

Peehu looks at Ram stating "Khane ke beech mein paani nahi peena chahiye...Golu uncle", munching her food.

Priya comes over asking "Is something wrong with the food?", witnessing him.

Ram swallowing a bit more water utters "I am not used to such spicy food. I cannot handle it", drinking a little more water trying to soothe his burnt tongue.

Priya sighs apologising "I'm Sorry...I..I was...unaware of it", stuttering in between.

She quickly takes his bowl of adding adequate amount of Makkhan in it, she heats it making it less to no more spicy and places it back in Ram's plate miming "I tried to reduce the spiciness...Shayad ab aap handle kar sakte hain...And I'm really Sorry", feeling guilty looking at his state.