~ Chapter-03 : First Day at KI ~

Chapter-03

Ram immediately asks "Kaunsi ladki dadi ?",Krishna chuckles saying "Wahi joh mandir mein tumse baat kar rahi thi. Aur woh bacchi kaun thi ?". Ram cuts off saying "Time up! Woh ladki mere office mein kaam karti hain. Aaj hi appoint kiya hain. Aur uss bacchi ke bare mein mai kuch nahi janta hu. Aur Daadi",glaring at dadi he says " aise waahiyaad baate apne dimaag se aate kahaan se hain. You people literally need to reboot your minds."

Ram walks away from them into his room, pissed off with their chat. As soon as he steps in his room he freshens up and goes to bed thinking "Woh bacchi kaun thi? Aur Priya ki baat mujhe ajeeb kyun lagti hain?". With such thoughts, he fell into deep slumber.

Next day.

Ram reaches a bit early to the premises of Kapoor Industries , he waits for the lift to arrive while he takes a glance at his wrist watch by pulling up his sleeves a bit. It's 9:10 am. He notices the lift descending , at the same moment he sees Priya wearing wheat cream coloured salwar kameez combined with a black dupatta, hair loosely tied with a plucker , heading towards a door that leads to the staircase.

He thought of stopping her but the lift door opens , he drops his idea and enters the lift instructing to go to the 12th floor. He arrives on the floor and notices the staff has initiated their work for the day. He paces towards his cabin without failing to steal a glance at Priya's cabin but unfortunately she wasn't present there.

At 9:30 am ;

Ram was so engrossed in his work that he failed to pay heed to a couple of knocks over his cabin door. The next moment, he heard a silvery female tone saying "May I come in Sir?", he quickly responds "Come in" and gets back to work presuming it to be Jenny. The lady walks in and stands in front of his work-desk in peace. As he finds no motion from Jenny he demands her to speak up saying "What's the matter Jenny?", the lady still remains unmoved.

He looks above his laptop and discovers Priya in front of him. He grins immediately seeing her. Priya immediately wishes "Good Morning! Sir.",he reciprocates her wishes indicating her to have a seat. She takes her seat stiffening a bit. Ram initiates saying "I appreciate your punctuality Miss.Priya", with a straight face she just gives a nod, he continues saying "For today, I just want you to go through all the clients and collaborators KI deals with and get familiar with them. Jenny will give you the concerned files, you can go through them and make sure to clear all your queries through me. I won't mind explaining things."

Ram picks up the intercom and calls Jenny in. Jenny comes in wishing Ram. Ram briefs about the files to be handed to Priya and asks her to show her cabin. All the while Priya just sat down-casting her eyes fiddling her dupatta. Ram notices she was as nervous as yesterday, he asks Jenny to leave and catch up Priya once he intimates her. Jenny nods and leaves Ram's cabin closing the door behind her. The door gets locked with a click sound. Priya jerks a bit hearing it.

Ram softly says " Priya, you don't have to feel so nervous. Everyone here will warmly welcome you and don't panic about the work, I trust your capabilities." Priya was just nodding her head trying to get a hold over her breath. Her face turned pale. In spite of AC on its powerful mode, sweat beads were dripping through her temples. Ram with concern asks " Is there anything that's troubling you here ?", Priya immediately nods her head in negation asking in a low feeble voice "Sir, I'll get to you for my queries, but for now I think it is better for me to start my work".

Saying so, she sighs getting up from her seat and gasps sharply, Ram notices at her unusual self. Her eyes were bearing a thin line of moisture, she paces to leave the cabin while Ram kept observing her and suddenly realises that she was limping, his eyes immediately follows her legs and was taken aback to come across that she has stained her bottom badly at her left ankle. "Priyaaa..." he yells out of concern, wanting her to halt. But Priya without paying any heed she paces towards the door. Ram gets up and walks briskly to reach her, she reaches the door knob, feeling a bit dizzy and is about to twist the knob while Ram immediately puts one hand on her waist and other under her knees, scooping her up.