~ Chapter-05 : The Virago ~

CHAPTER-05

Priya notices that the car halts. She looks around and says " Why have you stopped?", expecting an answer she stares at him. He complains " The rain doesn't seem to subside. It's getting difficult to drive. I'm worried that I'll bump into something".

She's pissed off and nods her head in disbelief and rests her head back closing her eyes. Peehu asks sitting upright on Priya " Mumma who is he? Is he your friend?"Priya looks at him and backs her explaining " He....is not my friend Princess, he is my teacher". Ram was a bit upset with her answer. She asks with innocence " But what should I call him Mumma?", Priya says " Ram Sir" while he says " Golu uncle".

Both Ram and Priya look at each other, she immediately says " Sir don't spoil her. She has to learn to respect". Ram just ignores her, staring at the cutie pie he says " Hi Peehu! Will you make me your friend?", Priya just keeps looking at his tantrums in disbelief.

Peehu keeps staring at him with wide eyes and says "Hi, sir", he right away cuts off saying " Sir nahi Peehu, aap mujhe Golu Uncle bula sakte hain". She smiles saying " Hello, Golu Uncle", waving her hand at him. He chuckles hearing her sweet voice, complimenting " Aap bohot hi cute ho, Aapko pata hain?", she says " Mujhe pata hain Golu. Uncle, ki main cute aur sweet hu".

Ram was stern by her reply asking " Aapko kaise pata?", she grins wide looking at her mumma saying " Because Mumma always keeps saying it", Priya smiles back at Peehu hearing this. Ram instantly smiles wide saying " Accha? Only mumma says Pappa doesn't ?", Priya just looks away at his question while Peehu informs " Haan pappa bhi bolte hain".

Ram was upset and shocked hearing her while Priya was astounded with her answer, kissed her lovingly and hugged her. Ram was lost thinking " Is Priya married? Then why doesn't she bear mangalsutra and sindoor ? Why am I getting so affected knowing her martial status?.

His thoughts break listening to Priya's voice. She looks outside, noticing the rain. She looks at her daughter saying " Princess, have you smelled the soil while it's raining?'' Peehu leans her chin over Priya's bosom saying " Yeeee.....mumma kheechad doesn't smell good ".

Priya giggles at her answer saying " Chal, I'll show how good it smells", she unwraps the dupatta around Peehu, putting it back in her bag, scooping her up, she was about to open the car door while Ram grabs her arm, worrying says " It's raining cats and dogs. It's not safe to get drenched now". She just gets pissed off with his touching her often.l

She shrugs off his hand, fumes in anger " Firstly, stop being so touchy sir", her eyes get moist. "Secondly, I know what's safe for me".

She storms out of the car and sighs deeply, closing her eyes for a while and looks at Peehu. Her mood instantly brightens.

She walks to the nearby bushes putting Peehu down and kneels down beside her. Peehu too follows her. Ram was flabbergasted with her words. He was even more surprised to come across, he was not mad at her.

Priya takes some wet soil, rubs her palms against one another, and sniffles her palms absorbing the sweet and soothing fragrance of Mother Earth 🌏.

Ram keeps staring at them. Peehu follows her actions, " This fragrance is so good Mumma", and keeps sniffing her tiny palms. Priya smiles at her savouring the rain drops drizzling over her closing her eyelids.

Peehu smiles mischievously and applies the soil over Priya's cheeks giggling. Ram smiles wide witnessing Peehu's mischief.

Priya quickly opens her eyes glaring at her " Badmash ladki" and sings along with her cutie pie. They were fully drenched by now.