~ Chapter-28 : The Monster Panda🐨 ~

CHAPTER-28

He walks down the living room, settling over the couch with his mobile responding to the piled up mails, leisurely.

Peehu has indulged herself in newly learnt thumb painting. She loved this new way of painting with dipping her fingers into colour.

The clock shows 4:30pm, the sun was ready to pack up for today hitting shades of orange.

Priya stirred in her sleep as her bladder was alarming.

She gets up, walks into the restroom emptying her bladder and comes back. She feels a bit normal now, her usual energy levels are back.

She moves towards the living area to check on both of them.A smile crept in looking at Peehu having fun painting, and Ram sat with a straight face looking into his mobile.

She walks to Peehu sitting down next to her on the floor, she asks "What are painting Peehu?", with an excitement-filled tone.

Looking up at Priya" Bird, Mumma...How is it?".Ram looks up from his phone, finding Priya he asks "Ab kaisi hain?" staring at her.

Smiling at him, she says "I'm alright now, Sir". He looks back into his work. Priya helps Peehu for a while with her painting and then slowly gets up on her feet.

Settling next to him, fidgeting with her dupatta she slowly asks "Can we go somewhere now in the evening, Sir?".

Absorbing her words, he looks at her.

Sensing the silence prevailed, she slowly looks up to him, the moment her eyes met his, he sighs " No way...Priya..Feeling a bit better doesn't mean you can stroll around", with slit eyes.

Further trying to convince him "Par main bol rahi hoon na, Sir..that I'm fine. Please", making her eyes small.

With a stern face, he says" No means No...Priya...Iss Baat pe koi behes nahi", with a hoarse tone. She pleads "Please...Sir", with a pout trying to melt him.

He roars "Hindi nahi samajh mein aati, Priya.. "with a dread stare.

She looks down fisting her dupatta in nervousness, she says "Aap meri ek baat nahi maan sakte...Sir?".

"Nahi.Today I won't listen to any of your pleadings", almost yelling.

She jumps in her skin with such a loud voice striking her eardrum.

Putting on an intense frown, she stands on her feet saying in her loudest voice possible " You know what..you're THE MONSTER PANDA'' pointing her index finger to him.

He was dumbfounded with her calling him "Monster Panda''. She stamps her feet a couple of times to the flooring, vanishing into the kitchen.

He just sat there blank, absorbing her accusations. Giggling at her words she just spoke, he moves towards the kitchen, leaving his phone behind.

She was preparing tea and gossips with Poonam simultaneously stirring the tea. Finding him, Poonam slowly leaves the area after seeking Ram's hint.

Standing behind her, he was about to pull a prank on her by yelling in her ear. Priya quickly turns around gasping as she is about to bump into him.

The reflexes of her were so swift than he had ever thought. Ignoring him, she walks to the other side and comes back with a sugar jar in her hand.

Helping herself with a cup of tea, she sits on the stool near the counter savouring her tea. He sits next to her uttering"MonsterPanda...Haan'', with a mischievous smile.