I go into the laundry room and take the blankets and sheets out of the dryer. I rub them on my face gently. I love the feeling of freshly dryed blankets on my face. I fold them and I put them in a basket nearby. I place it on my hip and walk into the lobby to go upstairs. I hear the door open and I turn around. I see Michael enter the house looking very upset. I know it isn't my fault.

He throws his bag on the ground and drops to his knees. Oh my... he must have really went through something. I put the basket down and I walk over to him slowly. He puts his face in his hands and he breathes deeply. On second thought, I will just leave him alone. I back up and he removes his hands from his face, placing them on his legs.

"Fuck, if only I drank." He whispers.

His profanity throws me off a bit and I keep backing away slowly. He takes another deep breath and he looks up, surprised to see me standing there. 

"Hello darling." His voice is deep, tired.

I swallow hard. "H-hi Michael."

He helps himself up and brushes off his pants. 

"Is there anything I can-" 

He holds his hand up for me to hush. He looks behind me then points to something.

"You've been cleaning." he has an accusatory tone in his voice.

I look at the laundry basket on the ground.

"The one thing my maids will not do is leave something on the ground. What did I tell you about trying to be a maid?" He continues, clearly not impressed with the work I have done all day.

I try to explain, but I cant. I am a maid though... I just keep quiet and look down.

"Im glad you don't talk that much, because right now I dont want to talk to you." He says, kinda frustrated.

My heart sinks and Michael walks up the steps and slams the bedroom door. I jump and just stand there for a minute, trying to keep my emotions in check. I take a deep breath and the maids are behind me grabbing the basket. 

"I-I'll take that." I say, my voice cracking. Wow he really shook me.

They pick it up anyway. "No need ma'am. We can put it away."

They take it away and I walk into the library, locking the door behind me. 'Don't take it personal. He had a bad day. You didn't ruin it' I say to myself. I pick up a book called "Glitch". I read a few chapters and I like it already. It's a teen book, but the concept it interesting. I look at my watch and keep reading. It's still pretty early. I can eat in an hour. I can hear a lot of walking around outside and I put my book down. I go out of the library and I can see the maids and other workers walking around with plates. I go into the kitchen and the chef is sitting at the island eating some pasta. She looks up and wipes her mouth quickly.

"I can fix you a plate right now." 

I stop her. "No rush. I can fix it myself."

I fix my plate and I sit across from her. "Not to pry, but does Michael rush you?"

She shakes her head. "No. He called all of us to a meeting shortly after your wedding telling us to treat you like a queen and make sure that you don't have to lift a finger. We're just trying to make you feel comfortable here."

What woman is forbidden to clean her own house? It's like the opposite of a 1950's housewife.

I nod at her. "Thank you. You really have made me feel at home here."

She smiles. "Oh and just between us, dont take his work-induced anger personally. Best thing to do is leave him alone and let him come to you. He will never bring his problems to you."