chapter 52

Chapter 52

"Well lets just say that there's a shadowy evil thing that tried to kill us." Kelso said shortly and sweetly. This was much tio the horror of Hazel and slightly to Tyrell who promptly facepalmed with a sigh.

"Little squirrel that." Tyrell paused for dramatic effect. "Was not so wise of you." He waved his arm dramatically as he was waiting for Hazel to erupt. Kelso had quickly shut her mouth and looked towards Hazel with wide eyes.

Everyone watched as Hazel took one deep breath, then two, then three. You could literally see her counting to ten in her head, though she never really reached ten before her anger decided to take control. She looked at her grandchildren , very closely. "There's...what?" Her voice was so slow and serious, the twins could feel themselves shrinking into their partners side subconsciously.

The twins were intimidated into silence, the fae didn't want to speak up as they also felt rather intimidated. The cousins and Dawn felt extremely awkward watching the interaction that was happening. They didn't know whether or not to interject. The silence was almost deafening to those who are watching.

"uhh-"Tyrell started to say, which made Hazel's eyes immediately narrowed in on Tyrell as the sound escaped from his lips. Tyrell became silent for another moment as he swallowed, trying to figure out what to say. "I wouldnt' say they tried to kill us...There was shadows there, but they took Laylian and we tried ,and succeeded i may add, to get her back. We honestly didn't expect for there to be a master dark fae there." Tyrell lowered his head, no longer able to face Hazel. "I'm sorry we put ourselves in danger without noticing because we weren't careful."

Though he went in with haste because Kelso had also gone missing, he didn't say that at all as he felt it would push a little bit too much blame onto Kelso which he nor she wanted. Dawn seemed to feel a bit more comfortable intervening at this point as she spoke up "Hazel?" The twins' grandmother's gaze softened as she turned to her friend who was just starting to stand up. "Perhaps it is time for us to head off, It's rather late and there has been a lot of stress today."

Dawn had started to stand up as Eden collected ehr art supplies. It wasn't too late in the evening at four pm but it was just about time for the two groups to have dinner, or lunch as Dawn would say.

There were quick farewells exchanged between the two groups as Dawn, Eden and Devin left the Jewlson household. Tyrell and Kelso were nto so eager to watch the three leave as they were expecting a scolding or shouting from Hazel for one reason or another. To the twins there were many reasons why they should be in trouble . For putting themselves and each other in danger, for not telling Hazel about the fae, for not telling Hazel about what happened with Nero.

Instead Hazel smiled kindly and excused herself to the kitchen where she started to prepare sandwiches. The twins knew that they would need to do more around the house, They doubted that they'd be asked to do more around the house but they felt like they owed Hazel more. For the moment the four of them were sat outside, Tyrell had moved the extra chairs back to where they came from and they were settled down and having a small chat.

This chat continued deep into the evening when the fairy lights shined bright . The day had turned to night and the four of them turned in to go to bed. They were excited for what tomorrow could hold. They had little to no plans other than research but that was becoming a daily task for them. The twins walked in the living room first to see Hazel laying down on the settee.

The twins shared a knowing look and audible' awes' before grabbing a blanket out of a drawer and covering her. They decided not to disturb her as she seemed rather comfortable on the settee and it was still relatively early on in the evening, Hazel must have needed the sleep in order for her to fall asleep in such a position.

So the night went on, the four teens hung out in the twins' bedroom that night as they did homework and talking about ideas for dates that they could go on. The humans were filled with excitement with the opportunities they had to take the fae places they had never been before such as a bowling alley or ice-rink. The face that Sylvester made when Tyrell mentioned that there were more then just the climbing wall at school was enough to convince Tyrell that he would need to take Sylvester climbing one day.

Unbeknownst to those in the house, there was someone else sleeping nearby. The back gardens of the neighbourhood were all connected. Dawn's sage was enough to stop those who wanted to listen in and spy on the conversation by use of psychic abilities but not by physical abilities. Even though the gardens were connected, due to the amount of decoration and fencing in Hazel's garden, it was very difficult to see the figure listening in on their conversation.

The figure was fast asleep by the time the four went inside,actually it was the closing fo the door which woke them up. They were startled awake by the loud noise and looked around confusedly. The surrounding slooked unfamiliar to them as they tried to figure out where they were. It was a back garden, that was clear to them but they had no clue whose it was or why they were there.

He stood up slowly, straightening out his hoodie and fixing hte strings which has became uneven . he ruffled his hair to get it out of his eyes as he looked around the garden. He tried to think about what could have happened but came up blank. He gave up with a sigh as he looked for a way out. Walking towards a fence he huffed , puffing his cheeks out and said "I swear this better not have been Erin." before leaping over the fence and running down the street.