Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A beautiful blonde beauty ran through the woods. She was searching for her friend with her sparkling tawny eyes. She hadn't seen her friend in a while, and she was starting to get worried about him. "Sylvester!" She whisper-shouted. She didn't want anyone other than Sylvester to hear her. She wasn't supposed to be seeing him, her family knew and accepted him but even if they were noble, knowing a dark fae was frowned upon.

A dark brown-haired man jumped down from the tree that was beside her before tapping her on the shoulder with a small smile. Startled she turned around with her hand raised but stopped when she saw who it was. Regardless of her stopping Sylvester flinched back in reflex. The smile was still on his face though. He looked rather cute, despite being a head taller than her. Fae were tall creatures in comparison to humans, but they had their own height standards.

"Sylvester!" Laylian shouted whilst gently slapping his arm "You scared me!" She chuckled which caused Sylvester to smile in apology. They started to walk around the forest quietly. The forest was Sylvester's home, he had gotten used to surviving in the forest. As a dark fae he was very much outcasted by the fae society, even though he tried to prove to them that he was a good person and had no intentions of harming anybody. They still outcasted him. He was used to it though since his parent had done the same, they weren't too happy that he had no interest in taking back control of the fae. He fended for himself for quite a while until Laylian stumbled across him in the woods.

"So," Sylvester started as he jumped up a tree to sit between the branches as Laylian sat down at the base of the tree. "How's the world doing?" Sylvester asked rather awkwardly, and he sounded rather salty. Laylian had a sympathetic smile on her face which Sylvester couldn't see.

"The world is...the world, not one interesting thing has happened in the last three months ago when we saw the last dark fae attacked the small village." There was an uncomfortable silence as Laylian spoke, it was a very awkward topic to talk about. To them it didn't matter if you were a dark fae or a regular fae, not a lot of people had this opinion.

The silence allowed them to observe their surroundings. The two friends came here a lot, it was Sylvester's favourite tree to sit in and think. There were hundreds of trees in this forest, the place was so pure and full of life. Laylian liked the change from the castle that she lived in. Since her family was very close to the rulers of the land, they also lived in the castle. Laylian wasn't particularly fond of the royal or noble lifestyle. She preferred to have the happiness that came with the little freedom that she experienced.

The world that they lived in was beautiful. It was very much like what an ideal world would represent. There was no pollution in the air. All the technology was very impressive, this was due to the fae's powers of creation. The day's sky was bright blue whilst the night's sky was full of stars and colours. It was the preference of the fae to have beautiful coloured lights in the darkness whilst they slept to give them the reassurance that they are safe. It also worked to remind the dark fae of the power that they held above them. They tried their best to be kind to the other creatures that they lived with. Though the majority of them were created with magic, especially if they were to be used as food or something similar.

When the saviour of the humans created this other dimension, he did not create anything within it. It took him so much time and energy to create the gate to the other dimension, he had none left. Therefore when the fae found themselves in this other dimension they wanted something that reminded them of home and the great sacrifices that were made in order to get them to where they were. This was all happening during the conflict between the fae and the dark fae. They were working with nothing and that lead them to create something beautiful. Each fae had their own job and it was rather easy to declare who would be the rulers of the world.

The queen took charge throughout all the battles and everyone admired her skill and bravery. She became the queen of the faes and she ruled alone until she met her husband. Of course, her husband became the king and they ruled the fae's happily. Laylian's mother was close to the queen when the conflict struck. The two woman rode side-by-side on the battle field , they were as close as sisters would be. Laylian's mother had become the queen's advisor , staying in the castle with her small family.

"Laylian?" Sylvester asked quietly earning a hum from the blonde who was sat underneath him. "Do you ever want to go out and explore the world?" his tone was soft and pondering. His genuine interest was very clear in his voice. Laylian stopped looking at the small bug that was on the leaf in front of her and turned to Sylvester.

She had to look straight up to see Sylvester's face, which put her neck in a very uncomfortable position. "What do you mean the world? I've been many places when we've went to check on the other cities or towns." Laylian's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she tried to figure out her friend's meaning. After all Sylvester lived in the forest, he was free to roam pretty much anywhere if he used the cloak that Laylian had given him.

It was rather easy to tell the difference between a dark fae and a normal fae. Normal fae tend to have light and delicate features whilst dark fae tend to have dark and sharp features. This is shown within the two friends. Laylian has long blonde hair whilst Sylvester has short and spikey black hair. Laylian has light tawny eyes and Sylvester has darker hazel eyes.

Sylvester sighed and placed his head on his palm "Not exactly." He leaped down from the tree and sat down next to Laylian, resting his head on her shoulder. "I... wanna go and see the humans." There was a moment of shocked silence before Laylian stood up, causing Sylvester to fall off her shoulder and hit the ground softly.

"No! just...just..." Laylian tried to deny the thoughts that were coming inside her head but she knew very well . Of course she wanted to go and see the humans, all that they'd heard about them was from stories and books. Humans were legendary creatures. Only a select few managed to go and see the humans in their dimension, anyone is able to, though it takes a lot of energy. Most fae were satisfied with their life as it is and did not have any desire to see the human world.

Sylvester sprung up from his position on the ground, brushed the dirt out of his dirty hair and walked after Laylian. "Hey don't go! I-I won't go! There I said it , I won't go. " Sylvester hugged his friend close to him. Laylian was the only person who had been there for him, who cared for him throughout their time together. The reason that Sylvester brought it up was because he wouldn't go without her.

"Oh silver..." Laylian said as she hugged him back. "I'm sure that we can work something out soon. I promise this will get better." They both knew that this promise may night be seen through, but it was reassuring nevertheless.