chapter 53

Chapter 53

The next morning the fae woke up bright and early. The humans were still pretty tired as they didn't move an inch whilst the fae were walking around the room. The fae had came to a silent conclusion yesterday and were planning something special. Though they knew the humans had seemed very excited about taking them on dates and seeing unusual things, the two fae didn't want them to be stressed about taking them all out on dates.

The ones who were awake had a small discussion in the living room. They had spent a lot of time together as a group of four. Even though the fae loved the humans and valued their friendship, not only their partner but the twin of that partner, They wanted to spend some time with the person that they had asked on a date, privately. Sylvester and Laylian were excited to spend some time with their human and spending quality time together on a special and personalised date.

The fae had gone back to their house that morning to collect -and in Laylian's case ,create- things that they may need. Sylvester had gotten changed into some casual yet sensible clothes whilst Laylian got changed into somewhat fancy attire. The two were sat in their livingroom with anxious faces , contemplating how the day was going to pan out.

"Are you certain we should do this?" Sylvester asked Laylian as he fiddled with the sleeve of his jacket. He wasn't so sure about being away from the other fae for too long. After what happened and the fact they now know that there is an evil darkness out to get the 'gatekeepers' which somehow concerns them, along with the location of a prophecy which just so happened to be in the same place they were not too long ago. Sylvester was more than a little skeptical.

"Yes." Laylian said strictly and confidently , her back straight and strong. "We need this, we all do. We've had a lot of seriousness recently and it's important to take a day out."

Sylvester huffed and muttered "yes we can take a break...that doesn't mean that darkness does." This caused Laylian to hit him over the head . Sylvester's immediate instinct was to curl up into a ball and hide his head in his knees , but he was much more relaxed around Laylian so he only got so far as rasing his knees and shouting "HEY!" before he calmed down again, enough to send her laughing figure a glare.

"That is exactly why we need this day. We need to not think about our impending doom and to think about things normal teenagers think about..."Laylian stopped abruptly before blinking a few times "uh..." She placed a finger to her chin, now looking deep in thought. "Hmm..."

Sylvester was about to ask her what she was currently thinking until he looked straight at her. Sylvester's lips turned into a big grin "you have no idea what normal teenagers think about do you?"Small laughs began to bubble in Sylvester's throat , which slowly turned into a booming laugh when Laylian picked a cushion off the settee and started whacking him with it.

This went on for a little while as Laylian enjoyed the sound of her friend's laughter. It's something she doesn't hear a lot and wanted to remember every note of it until his negative thoughts arrived once again and he went back to the strict and serious Sylvester that she knew.

Sylvester fell off the settee with a smile on his face and that is when Laylian stopped . There was still a few chuckles exchanged between the two but Sylvester seemed a lot more relaxed then he was a few moments ago. Fear turned into fondness and doubt turned into determination.

"Time to go pick up our humans!" Laylian said after a quick look at the clock. It was sunday so they weren't the most fortunate when it came to travel options. The busses would be on sunday times , though at this point they still weren't sure if they needed the bus. Though, Sylvester was leaning more and more towards needing the bus.

"Let's go." Sylvester held his hand out for Laylian and when she placed her hand in his, he gave it a reassuring squeeze. "This will be a great day!" Sylvester said with a convincing grin which put a grin on Laylian's own face.

It took them no time at all to get to the jewlson household. Both of them grinning with happiness yet fidgeting with nervousness. Laylian wore a beautiful white dress which was decorated in delicate flowers, her hair was half up and half down with a few intricate curls framing her face. Laylians shoes were hidden by her long dress but she was wearing trainers, therefore it wasn't too difficult for her to travel.

Sylvester was wearing light jeans and a red plaid shirt. He wore smart shoes that he didn't like what so ever and his hair was swept to the side. Laylian hardly recognised her friend as he exited his room, she was fretting over him like a mother would do and it actually made him really happy. It was one of the first times he had been so dressed up in his life and he looked incredibly handsome.

Laylian walked with a natural elegance and a leap in her step. Sylvester walked just slightly behind but they walked up the stairs to the door together. Hazel had been watching them from the window with a knowing smile on her face. She was glad she had the conversation with Sylvester the other night, it seemed to have given him the confidence he needed.

Hazel was quick to open the door before the twins were disturbed. "Hello dears!" She beckoned them inside. "I'll tell them to get ready and they should be down soon!" Hazel took a quick glance at what the two were wearing before leaving them in the living room and dashing upstairs. "Children!" she exclaimed excitedly as she entered the twins' room.

Kelso woke with a start and fell off her bed whilst Tyrell was sat reading a book, he had heard the door opening but he didn't think much of it as he was so engrossed in his reading. "What is it nanna?" Tyrell asked panicking as Kelso rubbed her head.

"Laylian and Sylvester are here. Don't keep them waiting. Kelso dress nice, bring your camera. Tyrell dress smart-casual and bring your notebook. You have fifteen minutes or i'm coming up and dressing you like children. Time starts now!" The twins knew that Hazel was kidding about the last part but they still stumbled around to get dressed with confused faces.