chapter 51

Chapter 51

Eden saw the serious tone in Dawn's eyes once again and announced "Grams it is important to know the true wordings of prophecies. Of course you know this, as prophecies are great and powerful things that try or tend to trick those who are involved." Eden said calmly to her grandmother. Dawn seemed to nod in approval.

Dawn was actually praising the teenagers in front of her silently. She was rather impressed that they knew the fact wording was important when it comes to prophecies. There was , however, something that she had to admit. "I...do not know the exact words of the prophecy." Dawn seemed somewhat ashamed that she couldn't give them an answer to this. Hazel reaching an arm around Dawn's shoulders to offer some sort of comfort. There was a sad pause before Dawn's eyes brightened "But i know where it is!"

Laylian had perked up at this information. This prophecy could save all of the human race. If they could find it she could swear on all of the light in the world that they would find it, no matter the cost. "You do? Could you tell us where it is?" Laylian was bouncing in her seat which caused Kelso to place a hand on her leg in order to keep her from jumping across the table with excitement.

"I...well i know a description of the place...but that's it." Dawn fidgited awkwardly and shyly, once again ashamed that she once again didn't know something for a definite. "I used to love thinking about the place as a child and that is why i remember it so vividly. The imagery is beautiful." Dawn started to stare off into space.

There was a moment of silence after Dawn said that and started to stare into space. Each person at the table was expecting her to speak at any point but she didn't. They were each on the edge of their seats with anticipation, waiting to hear about the beautiful place , expecting to hear Dawns' dreamy voice. Though no voice came. Devin looked around at the mirrored expression on the other's faces before saying "grams...grams! The place?"

This caused Dawn's head to snap towards her grandchild as she gave a chuckle and patted Devins' hand. "Oh i'm sorry dears, once i go to the other world it's rather easy to stay there!" Sylvester nodded towards her, knowing that she was correct ont hat statement. Sometimes a dream world is much better then the reality that they live in. Though even Sylvester had to admit that it is important to stay present so that you don't miss it.

"The place is...paradise." Dawn beamed To those surrounding her before re-lighting the sage that seemed to have burnt out. "Lush green grass. Free animals, a lake. Some big trees that are easy to climb. Patterns on the bricks and just...beauty everywhere. It's a place of light , happiness and joy. " Dawn sighed dreamily but furrowed her eyebrows. "Actually i'm not sure if the prophecy is ...there or if it leads to a prophecy...or if such a thing exists in this world."

With each passing word the four friends were moving closer and closer to the edge of their seats as smiles grew on their faces. This seemed to concern the other four people whoa re sat at the table. When Dawn had finished talking Kelso jumped up out of her seat with an excited cheer, Tyrell gave a chuckle and leant on Sylvester who had put an arm around his shoulders in a rather subtle hug, Laylian just watched Kelso's excitement with a light in her eyes as their hands were still entwined.

There were mutual confused looks shared by the cousins as they watched their school mates celebrate something they didn't know. Dawn and Hazel shared the confusion but they had smiles on their faces. Dawn was still thinking about the magical place she was describing whilst Hazel watched her grandchildren smile and be happy.

Devin cleared her throat "well that was abrupt." The four friends seemed to realize the situation hey were in. Their celebrating came to an end, with Kelso sitting down , though she was still bouncing in her seat. "I take it , front he smiles and the jumping and the happiness, that you know this place?" Eden nodded along to her cousin's assumption and turned her full attention to the fae and twins instead of her newly finished painting.

"That's correct!" Laylian beamed "we know somewhere that fits that description rather well..." Though Laylian's smile turned into a frown as she tapped her chin. "Actually that may not be good news...the last - well not the last time , the first time we were there there was, darkness. That can't be good..." Now the once happy atmosphere was tense.

Dawn's eyebrows furrowed as she leant forward "what sort of darkness?" Her eyes looked dead into Laylian's before she looked down "surely it cannot be...They can't know about it" Dawn's tone was starting to scare everyone at the table. Though her fear was consuming to her grandchildren and her friend, the four others at the table were starting to share her panic.

"You'Re not talking about the ...them? Are you?" Kelso started to tap her foot with nerves and panic. The only thing that was stoping kelso from biting her nails was Laylian. Sylvester and Tyrell's thoughts were along the same line but they were too busy thinking to vocalise anything. This was getting more and more frustrating for Hazel, Devin and Eden since they had no clue who the 'they' Kelso speaks of is.

"Excuse su." Devin said whilst raising her hand as though she was in school . "a few of us are really confused here, please be ...so kind to share? " She said this really quickly and rather cheekily. Her confused expression turned to one of panic. "Please! I should have said that in a way that didn't sound really rude!...sorry but it would be nice to know."