Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The twins walked home with heavy hearts that day, they were confused about their feelings. They weren't sure if they should be happy nothing bad happened or sad that nothing good happened. They sat next to each other at lunch that day. Kelso had a cheese sandwich and a brownie whilst Tyrell had lasagne and sticky toffee pudding. During the breaks they had went to the library that they had seen in order to find some sort of reading book. They had brought some books with them from home that day but they had read them about five times each, they were after something new.

"The library was so big! And there was so many different bookshelves split into the different genres, of course a lot of it was academic but the rest of it was awesome! There's a row of computers and behind that a window that looks over the entire atrium! There's a huge circle of chairs in the middle, that's where me and Ty sat when we were reading, but there's also some really small four chair circles too. Then there was a row with desks and chairs next to the door." Kelso was rambling when they got home. They were having a snack because tea wouldn't be done until late. Tyrell sat on the floor with some books surrounding him whilst eating a rice cake and Kelso was on the settee with her laptop open and eating a jammy dodger. They both had a cup of tea next to them as they did their homework.

"That sounds lovely! I'm glad that you both seemed to have a good day." Hazel replied enthusiastically. She was holding a chocolate digestive in one hand and her cup in the other. Hazel had been working rather hard that day and the twins could see the tiredness in her eyes but her smile was enough to show how happy their presence made her. "By the way we have a visitor coming this afternoon, It's just a friend of mine but I wasn't sure if you had any plans."

The twins looked at each other in surprise at the sudden news but they smiled anyway at their nanna. "I think our only plans were homework." Ty replied with a polite smile and Kelso nodded. It was then there was a soft knocking on the door. Hazel smiled once again and went to go answer it.

"You know in my day we'd be outside playing on the streets every evening ." The twins rolled their eyes at their nanna's comment . They had heard this so many times both on television and in real life. They didn't know what age you had to be in order to use that line but they look forward to being able to use it, just to annoy the future generation. "Dawn, how lovely to see you." Hazel greeted the person at the door. The twins somewhat paled, they had heard of Hazel's friend Dawn though they didn't hear many good things. They had suspected this was because they heard these things from their parents who weren't exactly the nicest.

The woman who walked in behind hazel was rather tall, around five food eight, and she had frizzy red hair. Her face was kind and wise and she held a gentle nature. She was wearing a large colourful cardigan over long colourful shirts and skirts. She held a rather large red handbag. She looked at the twins happily with a sparkle of interest in her eyes.

"Children this is my very good friend Dawn Melrose. Dawn these are my grandchildren Tyrell and Kelso." Hazel introduced them politely. The twins stood up and held their hands out to Dawn who promptly ignored their hands and pulled them in for a warm hug. She smelt like cinnamon and sage, the scent was warm and welcoming.

"It's wonderful to meet you two, I've heard so much about you two from your nanna. You're so very beautiful and handsome." Dawn gushed whilst holding their hands. The twins didn't notice before, but she wore a lot of jewellery. The only reason that they noticed this now was because her clothes were very colourful and when they were hugged they could feel the chains against their exposed skin.

"It's nice to meet you." Kelso said whilst Ty just smiled happily. Kelso took her laptop and joined Ty on the floor. This meant that Dawn and Hazel could sit next to each other. The twins were doing the same homework though they didn't really like doing it with each other. They would only ask the other for help if they were really stuck and wanted to use it as a last resort. They had different methods and views when it comes to doing their homework.

"It's very exciting that you have decided to move in with your nanna, perhaps it will be more interesting or entertaining around here!" Dawn addressed the twins after a while of talking to Hazel. The twins had just been quietly working on the floor, zoning out the world. Ty had put one of his earbuds in and had some music on whilst Kelso was just concentrating on the sound of her typing.

Tyrell had to nudge Kelso out of her trance as he replied to Dawn "I think we're really glad we moved here as well. I hope it'll be interesting around here..." Kelso nodded along with her brother's words and they could see the happiness flow through Hazel at his words. She was worried that the twins wouldn't really like it there.

"Yes it has been rather boring around here, perhaps we needed some visitors or new inhabitants to make things more eventful." Hazel agreed happily. She had lived here nearly all her life, not a lot of interest happened around there, perhaps the occasional fight or neighbourhood rivalry. Neither of those things usually effected Hazel other then it being the centre of discussion for a few days.

"Actually, this morning I drew a wheel of fortune tarot card. There's change happening soon and hopefully it's an exciting change." Dawn said happily. This was why the twins hadn't heard many good things about their nanna's friend. Though Ty's eyes brightened up once he understood what she was talking about. The twins' parents didn't really approve of magick or anything like that, it was one thing that they didn't understand. Tyrell loved magick and everything associated with it. Kelso found it interesting but she was nowhere near as enthusiastic as her twin was.

"Yes, let's hope!" Tyrell replied with one of the brightest smiles that he has shown in a while, his normally reserved self being too happy to be quiet. Dawn and Hazel got knowing glints in their eyes at Tyrell's happiness. They saw the interest and curiosity as he listened more intently to their conversation, completely discarding his homework. Hopefully this move will bring magick into the twins' lives.