chapter 22

Chapter 22

The week went by rather quickly and rather happily for the four friends. The classes were okay the homework was difficult but the two fae creatures had went over to Hazel's home on Wednesday so they managed to get the homework done that they needed to get done . They probably would have went to Hazel's house on Friday too if they didn't have the small camping trip.

The group of four didn't sit next to Bryan's group at lunchtimes They passed Eden and Devin at some points and said hello, John came over once to confirm if they were going on the camping trip. The four have gotten to know that John and lily are somewhat of the errand boy and girl for the group. None of them agreed that it was a good relationship or friendship that the pair had with the group. The two shy siblings didn't seem happy in that group but they also seemed hesitant to leave the group of friends.

Kelso and Tyrell supposed that the group of friends were close in their own ways. They may have reasonings for what they do but the entire group seemed somewhat pack-like. Bryan is the alpha, Darius and Lawrence are his betas and the rest are just omegas with the four friends being either pray or new members. They all hoped that this trip would go well, though the feeling of paranoia was strong, especially within Sylvester.

On Friday night the group of four met up at Sylvester and Laylian's house. Fortunately Hazel had left her credit card out one day and Laylian got a good look at it. Of course the one that she created wasn't exactly the same as Hazels but it was similar . It was good enough for the two fae creatures to actually get some money for food and drink. This meant that they could easily contact someone , using Laylian's phone, who was able to allow them to purchase the house. It only took one meeting for things to be all done and dusted thanks to Sylvester's skills. Despite the fact that he just gotten him and his friend a house, Sylvester spent the majority of that night in a corner, contemplating his life decisions.

Sylvester was doing that the entire walk to the edge of the woods, contemplating all his life decisions, and wondering why he was in this situation. Of course the answer that was coming into his head was Laylian but he also knew that it was somewhat his fault. His thoughts were very dark, he felt as though this was the end of his life and he needed to snap himself out of it. It is just acamping trip , it's not like they were going far away from civilisation or anything. The woods wasn't very deep. He somehow knew that tonight would be interesting, he hoped it would be interesting in a good way.

They met up with eight out of ten members of the group, John and lily weren't allowed to come. This upset Kelso as she wanted to get to know the two better, though her face brightened up when she saw Eden and Devin. The two cousins seemed to be really nice.

"Hello newbies! Hope you're ready for this" Bryan said as he hopped off the fence that lead to the woods. Darius and Lawrence were leant against the gate whilst holding two bags each. Erin was sat on the floor on her phone and blowing some bubble-gum. Eden and Devin were standing a little to the side, when they saw the four approach they gave a smile and wave. Brandon and Alex were sat on the floor a little further away, rolling a ball between them and talking.

"Um yeah think so! How far in are we going?" Kelso said cheerfully and curiously. She was very interested in where they were going and she hoped that they would see some pretty sights. Kelso had brought her camera and Tyrell had brought one of his favourite books. They loved the peace of the woods. Laylian and Sylvester didn't bring much more then what the two humans suggested, a sleeping bag, clothes and some other cleaning necessities.

"We're not going too far, right guys?" Erin said sweetly whilst looking for confirmation from the rest of the group. Everyone had came to stand around in a kind of circle. Brandon and Alex were a bit further behind everyone whilst Eden and Devin stood pretty close to the four new students.

"Well..." Bryan started with a smirk on his face and a mischievous glance in his eyes. "We've never been in here before, yeah ...."His smirk grew larger at the startled look on Tyrell's face. "We lied when we said that we've done this before. Get used." Bryan replied before he reached up and jumped over the fence with seemingly no issues. It was decided then and there for the twins, they weren't going to hang around Bryan again . Though Kelso felt a bit guilty, she knew that she wouldn't be any good in the company of the likes of Bryan.

They could have turned back and they should have. Even if Laylian and Sylvester had the advantage of being in the woods once before, it didn't mean that they knew their way around. The looks on the rest of the group became rather fixed once again. It seemed as though they didn't like this idea anymore then the four friends did. Bryan was leading the group with his head held high, though Sylvester was good to notice the quaking of his fingers.

The forest was of course dark at night, there was an eerie atmosphere but the group soon stopped. Everyone was quick to get settled down and build a fire. Everything was calming down. Laylian sat next to Kelso whilst Kelso took pictures of the moon and stars. Sylvester was reading over Tyrell's shoulder as Tyrell read out loud to him. They weren't ignoring the other members of the group though , Bryan, Lawrence and Darius were playing a kind of ball game whilst Erin, Brandon and Alex watched.

Devin and Eden sat relatively close to the fire and were listening to music, It was rather calming actually. The kind of music wasn't loud or obnoxious, it was just...nice. It was a very pleasant atmosphere and everyone was starting to calm down and get used to being in the middle of a really dark forest. That was until noise started to surround them.

"What was that?" Erin asked as she stood up and walked closer to Bryan. Bryan himself looked rather startled but he placed a comforting arm around her and pulled her close. "Go see what it si!" Erin said almost forcibly which caused Bryan to pull his arm away in shock and fright.

Bryan furiously shook his head "N-No way! I'm not going out there in the dark by myself!" He crossed his arms with a huff. The two of them had a small staring match before Bryan gave out another huff. "Fine but you two-" he gestured to Lawrence and Darius who were getting closer and closer to each other for protection. "-Are coming with me." There were a lot of groans but the three of them went off to face the deep and dark woods alone.

"Well..." Alex said whilst breaking the silence "That was...easy...too easy..."