chapter 47

Chapter 47

"You're not lookin too good yourself there. "Darius said in hopes that he sounded confident. However he was both lying through his words and voice. The four friends who were sat at the table seemed happier then they had in a long time before the other rfour approached their table. Eden and Devins' faces' shone with happiness whilst the siblings were chatting away , seemingly much more comfortable without the other members of the group.

"Hmmm yeah..." Eden said awkwardly as she averted her gaze to her food. There wasn't much of it left and to be honest she wasn't going to eat anymore, though she felt the drop in the atmosphere and it just , felt off. It didnt' feel like the atmosphere that they were used to.

"Anyways... "Bryan said whilst looking around at the table and furrowing his eyebrows "Where's Alex and Brandon?....not like i care or anything"" The genuinely concerned look that he was giving was odd for the others to see , it was one that didn't really go well with Bryans' constant attitude and it was a little bit unnerving.

"Actually we have no clue."Devin said as her eyebrows also furrowed. She had assumed that the six of them were off doing something together, leaving the flour of them to just suffer through school as part of Bryan's pack. The ten of them didn't have the greatest reputation and if some of them were off school this didn't stop other students from taking advantage of that weakness. It just so happened that the four strongest and most powerful members of the group were absent. Luckily nothing bad had happened that week, nothing drastic anyways.

"That's strange, well actually no Brandon and Alex are strange, we should expect this front hem. " Erin said with her nose in the air. It seemed that she was as arrogant as ever. The students were starting to get ushered out of the room by now which caused all ten of them to stand up, though as the newcomers walked towards the door leading to the yard, Devin, Eden, John and Lily started to head towards the stairs.

"Uh where you goin?" Darius asked loudly, causing the others to turn bac around. "The yard-" he gestured with both arms , nearly hitting a poor student in the face. "-is this way." Though he was the only one who bothered to stay back and ask the four where they were going. Bryan, Erin and Lawrence didn't seem to care that the four weren't following and just left. This even made Darius feel a little bit sad.

"Yeahhh...." Eden drew out the word as she swayed awkwardly. "We've been going to the library, to do some work read some books and just hang out." The explanation had Darius looking from the four in front of him to the yard door, it seemed as though he was trying to figure otu where he should go.

With a huff Darius crossed his arms and nodded "i suppose that's fine, just remember who you work for." The statement caused all four of them to grow pale , though they agreed and went their separate ways. The four of them were left wondering why they were so scared of the other members of the group. Though they didn't put a lot of thought into it before they shuddered out of an unknown fear and moved on.

The fae and the twins were sat watching the awkward exchange, they couldn't hear any of the conversation but the situation was a little easy to read as the eight separated. The four friends had small smiles on their faces as they watched Eden, Devin, John and Lily leave up the stairs. They were proud that the four were somewhat going their own way, though they could sense something was off. Something seemed off throughout the school and they just couldn't put a finger on what it was.

"Wonder what that was about..." Kelso said to her three companions as they started to gather their things. "Was it just me or did they seem a bit...messy?" They started to walk in the same direction that the four friendly members of Bryan's gang went in, trying their very best to stay far enough behind so that no one could hear them.

Gossip was just as much a part in the fae's lives as it was in the humans lives and therefore Laylian was quick to respond with "yeah they seemed like they were in a hurry this morning or something, which makes no sense as it's noon..." Laylian was quick to trail off as they entered the library.

The boys were quiet during this time, Sylvester wasn't really one for gossip and Tyrell wasn't feeling it too much at the moment as his mind was trying to piece together what happened. This seemed a little bit normal for the likes of the school environment and the four were happy that there wasn't anyone in school out to kill them today, though they didn't want to hjinx themselves by paying that thought too much mind.

As they entered the library they were about to go to their original and usual seats , though there was already people sitting there. Those people just so happened to be Eden, Devin, John and Lily. It felt like they were waiting for the others to join them or to at least pass them. The seats were very secluded by bookshelves on three sides , this made it the perfect position to make Kelso jump out of her skin as John happily said "Hello!"

Kelso jumped back into Tyrell who had to grab onto her arms in order to keep her standing straight. Kelso took a moment to compose herself as john quickly apologised. That was al for their encounter. There were waves sent from both parties and the twins led the fae to the next square of seats.

That night was very pleasant! There were board games played, movies watched, candy eaten and there was a full on relaxed mood within the house. The four teens did their best to savour this for as long as they could as they knew tomorrow, they would be visited by the cousins and dusk lemongrass.