chapter 25

Chapter 25

As the darkness started to consume the habitat the fae creatures started to panic. The fae were very connected with nature and they could feel the panic that the plants and animals were feeling. The oncoming darkness started to sweep around the room, killing all the pants in it's path. The twins had stood up and quickly joined the fae creatures. They would have usually made a run for the door but they weren't about to leave their new friends. The situation was strange enough as it is.

"Okay so first, we get stranded by ourselves in the forest cause a group of teens thought it was funny, second we go to a place that we've seen in our dreams and third you're glowing...WAIT WHAT?" Kelso started to list as her eyes were stuck on the darkness that was slowly creeping towards them. That was until Laylian's hand caught her eye. A warm and bright glow was emitting from her fingertips.

"Just stay calm please." Sylvester almost whimpered but his dark features made him look very intimidating in the darkness. Tyrell was almost blushing with how close they were to each other, Tyrell could see every inch of his handsome face. Sylvester was standing very protectively in front of Tyrell whilst Laylian was only slightly in front of Kelso. The two humans watched fascinated as the darkness started to crawl away and Laylian's light started to expand.

It was one of the fae's natural abilities to control light. Laylian had a lot of practice with this, she was expected to be very skilled in a lot of areas, one just so happened to be the ability to control light. Sylvester could do that too, he could even control darkness. Though Sylvester was not trained at all with this power. Though it was a natural ability, it still needed to be practiced or worked on or it could cause chaos.

There was a moment of celebration from Laylian as she jumped up and punched the air with a grin on her face. This happiness was shared by Sylvester. The two fae creatures hugged for a moment in front of the two twins. After the moment of happiness the fae turned to the two human beings in the room.

Tyrel was blinking furiously , he looked like he was using one of those camera that showed a different picture every time you pressed a button. He looked as though he was expecting to see a different picture every time he opened his eyes, his mouth was also slightly open and his limbs looked limp.

Kelso on the other hand was doing the opposite. Her eyes were wide open and she was trying to take in all of her surroundings. Her head was moving right to left and she was touching the wall with frantic hands, making sure that it wasn't a dream and the things were real in front of her. She had grabbed a hold of Laylian's arm and started to poke her softly, making sure that her friend was real and taking her hand. She looked at where she saw the light coming from only to see bare and flawless skin.

"that...that...that" Kelso started to say but she couldn't get past the first word, her usual bubbly and chatty self was deflated . The four friends were still against the door and stood still. The two fae creatures were honestly waiting for the two humans to spin on their heels and run out of the door. Though the humans just stayed there somewhat speechless until Tyrell cleared his throat.

"Okay...Okay, so we're either dreaming or we're going to get an explanation that we don't believe until we are forced to confront the cruel reality that we live in." Tyrell sucked in a deep breath as he walked forward and sat on the floor, a few animals coming to greet him curiously. "Or at least that's how it works in books." He turned expectedly to the other three who were still standing. "Well it's this dirt or the dirt up there, I'm rather eager to hear this explanation."

Kelso was quick to go and sit next to her twin. The room feeling a little bit warmer and more active then it was a moment before. Kelso laid her head on Tyrells soulder and the twins watched the fae creatures hesitate before joining them. The animals were acting as though nothing bad had happened . If Tyrell thought that the animals behaved well for him they were golden stars to Laylian, It seemed to upset Sylvester when a bunny started to hop away from his outstretched hand. Though there more pressing matters to attend to.

"so..." Laylian trailed off as though she was in a business meeting with people she hadn't met before and it was an awkward five minutes silence as everyone ate the biscuits in the middle of the table. "Where to start..." Laylian's face was getting rather red with embarrassment, she hadn't felt this wordless or clueless before. There was some looks exchanged between Laylian and Sylvester before Sylvester decided to sink into the bad mood he was in and just be blunt.

"We're fae" Sylvester said with an almost blank look in his face. He had hopes that if he acted as though it was no big deal then the humans would think that too. Though he seemed to be the only one who had that thought as he got a quick yet harsh punch from Laylian who was staring with wide eyes. "Well Laylian is, I'm a dark fae...unfortunately."

The thoughts that were running through the twins heads somewhat slowed down. They had thoughts of fairies being tricksters , kind small creatures that trade teeth for money but then they also had a different vision. The people that ensnare humans with their voices, the kind that forces people to dance until death. Neither of those images seemed to fit the personality or appearance of Laylian or Sylvester. The twins had to admit that it would explain their sudden appearances and why they were incredibly beautiful.

"You're...gonna need to tell us more then that."