chapter 30

Chapter 30

The next day was rather boring for the four friends. The fae were staying home and lazing around as they had just gotten themselves a television . They had to call their friends a few times to make sure they were doing things correctly but in the end they were slightly obsessed with the moving pictures on the screen. Sylvester hadn't seen anything like it whilst Laylian gawked at how old fashioned it was for her standards.

The twins on the other hand were spending the day cleaning the inside of the house. As they have mentioned before, they liked to help out Hazel whenever they could and cleaning was a fun activity if they had music or an audiobook to listen to. They had the occasional break and ended their day by sitting in the back garden and watching the sun set. They tried their best not to think about the weekend , though that proved very difficult that night.

"So what do you think?" Tyrell asked Kelso as they were getting ready for bed .They were sat on their beds and just sitting for a moment, they were both incredibly tired but it was too early to sleep. "Of what happened yesterday morning? It's...surreal." Tyrell said with a sigh as he brushed a hand through his hair.

"Yes but it's amazing and scary , it's magical. We were after something interesting happening right?" Kelso questioned her brother as she took off her socks and placed them at the bottom of her bed in case she needed them during the night.

"Pft yeah by interesting we meant perhaps some friends who we could go out with and have fun taking pictures of the scenery, maybe a concert or two...but this?" Tyrell looked straight forward with a dreamy look in his eyes "This is beyond anything we could ever imagine, We are friends with fae.."He had put emphasis on the last word to stress how unbelievable it is.

"So is that dreamy look because they are fae or because you're thinking of silver?" Kelso teased with a cheeky smile. Her smile widened considerably as her brother's cheeks turned red and he blinked a few times . "Yeah don't think I didn't miss that moment between you guys." Kelso had a somewhat proud look on her face m, though it quickly vanished as her brother retorted.

"Well then what happened between you and lil dove?" The tables turned as Tyrell started to interrogate his sister who became very silent at his words. "see? Siblings always know . That is why we are on even playing ground ."

"Yes we are very much on even playing ground." Kelso admitted as her face attempted to turn back to it's original colour. "We are both in love with magical fae creatures from another dimension...this si totally normal." She gestured to the air surrounding the two of them.

"Hey ...if there's a prize for rotten judgement-" This earned Tyrell another pillow to the face and the twins to burst out laughing. "But really ...I wouldn't say it's love yet..."His words made Kelso widen her eyes and point at him enthusiastically "Yes I said yet..shush he's cute okay?"

After that excitement the twins went to bed peacefully. The night was calm and blissful for the twins as they drifted in dreamless sleeps. However whilst they were sleeping , a storm was brewing. Just outside of a mansion, next to a broken water fountain stood two figures.

Both of the figures were in shadows, one was around a head taller then the other. Though The shorter of the two was actually rather tall for a humans standards. The shorter seemed to be trembling whilst the other towered over them.

"you saw them yes?" The taller figure said in a deep voice, it didn't sound masculine or feminine, it sounded more...unembodied . Their voice made it near impossible to imagine a face to go with it, like they were using a computer or voice changer. Except the smaller figure knew that they weren't.

"Y-yes but they-" The smaller figure's voice was quivering and wavering as they stuttered only to be interrupted. The taller figure spun around so that they were facing the smallest figure whilst swiftly swinging their arm, pushing the smaller figure to the dead and wet grass. The smaller figure let out a yelp as they made contact with the ground, though they tried to quieten their sounds of pain.

"You saw them! Yet you did nothing! The voice of the taller figure got louder and deeper as they fumed with rage. The smaller figure stayed quiet, knowing that this isn't the worst that the taller figure could enforce upon them. "You were in the presence of the gatekeepers! You had one job and you blew it!"

The smaller figure started to back away whilst still being on the floor. "What was I supposed to do ? Kidnap them? Lure them away? None of us were expecting to meet them!" The smaller figure almost begged for an answer from the taller figure.

"You let them go! You abandoned your one job! What use are you to me if you cannot do the simplest of tasks? " The taller figure asked whilst humming in thought. The smaller figure had a started expression on their unseen face, though was anything really unseen by the taller figure? "Perhaps you would make more use to me dead...or you could be a volunteer for one of our new interrogation tactics..."

The taller figure chuckled, their chuckle was deep and dark, it was like several knives piercing the smaller figure's body. "One more chance! No show mercy please!" The pleading of the smaller figure made the taller figure tilt their head, the lighting now making the bottom of their very strong jaw visible along with an insane-looking smile.

"begging now are we? What have I told you?" The figure came forward and raised a foot, "Begging is for the weak!"