chapter 43

Chapter 43

That night it wasn't hard for Hazel to tell that there was something different about the teenagers that were sat around her living room. Kelso and Laylian sat right next to each other on the floor, food trays in their laps whilst Tyrell and Sylvester were sat extremely close on the settee with their hands entwined.

They had an aura of love and light surrounding them as they chatted away about nothing. The two girls had ventured to the place and came straight back , talking about what they should call the place instead of just 'the place' . There were very few ideas shared between the two as Kelso kept getting distracted by the wildlife that they were passing.

Tyrell and Sylvester were not getting that far with their research either, the closest that they got was looking at some fo the pictures Kelso took. They were all blurry as kelso was rather distracted at that point. The images of the symbols was flashing in the minds of all four of them but they didn't know why. It was an odd thing to have there and therefore they concluded that they were important.

Though their minds were heavily distracted they were able to do a little bit of research after their tea, it was a school night still so they needed to go to bed relatively early but that night was peaceful. It felt more like they were putting together a puzzle rather then stopping an evil entity from doing...well whatever they planned on doing with the energy and rule over the humans.

The next morning the sun shone brighter and the birds sang sweeter. The four of them took their time to have a nice and relaxed morning before school. Sylvester was starting to dislike the fact they had school five days out of seven but he decided not to voice this opinion very loudly.

Though tursdays weren't that bad for the four students , they really enjoyed first period. The twins had quickly found out that the fae and music go along like bread and butter. Their voices were like the wind on a warm sunny day or slipping into a warm bath that soothes your aching muscles. The fae had natural musical talent. Sylvester had explained last week that it is a large part of the powers that he knows how to control and use. He used to sing a lot when he was by himself in the forest , learning to control nature and animals as he went. This also meant that Sylvester was incredibly shy during music class.

Second period was history , once again the twins had to help the two fae significantly, but the fae were doing research outside of the class to try and catch up. They were a bit distracted as of late but before the distractions they had done pretty well. The history teacher didn't understand why the two new students didn't understand much about history, though they didn't say anything to them. Their cluelessness was evident , luckily the other students didn't notice this.

Sylvester had significantly cheered up after that history lesson though as once breaktime was over they had religious studies. He sat eagerly in his seat the entire time. What the teachers couldn't see though was that the two boys and the two girls were holding hands. They had changed seats slightly so that the couples were sat next to each other. It only added to their enjoyment and happiness.

Though the most interesting thing that happened this day was lunchtime. The four of them were in the library, this time they were on their laptops that were provided by the school. They were doing some research, something they should have already done if they were not incredibly distracted.

They were each looking up different things. Kelso was looking up things about gatekeepers, Sylvester was looking at pictures of hieroglyphics, Laylian was looking up places such as the place in the forest and Tyrell was doing some research about fae. The search was fruitless until Tyrell spoke up.

"The fae are creatures that used to live within and beside humanity this was until a war occurred and the humans needed to be separated...How does this person know this?" Tyrell read from the website he was looking at before addressing his three friends. The website was simply called 'dusk Lemongrass' which seemed to be the writer's name as that is what they used to sign off.

The website was a simple one. It was a website that looked like it used to be a template for something else and just had a few colour changes. The title which was practically at the centre of the page was black and hardly readable with the dark green background. There was simple headlines such as 'recipes' , 'blog', 'creatures' and 'about me' .

"well...that person could be a fae, themselves or they could be a child of a fae." Sylvester tried to explain. "there are a few fae that liked to live amongst humans and did somehow manage to get over here , but it was usually agreed that the humans shouldn't know about the fae, just in case." Sylvester had to bite his tongue from then saying 'though that never stopped them' as he thought that was now rather hypocritical of him.

"yeah so that may either be a human who has had a lot of family traditions and tales or someone who is a child of a fae. Both are possible but one is more likely than the other." Laylian nodded along with what Sylvester was saying. She didn't really understand why the humans shouldn't know about the fae and was surprised that someone knew about the war.

There was no time to think more about the website during lunch time though as it was ending. This meant that the four friends suffered through maths and English thinking long and hard about that website. The website that they got to delve deeper into after school.