Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The twins were not happy once again. This time it wasn't because they were woken up early, they knew that they had to get used to that. This time it was the reason that they needed to be up early which put rainclouds over their heads. They had to go to school. They were right when they thought it was the one along the street. That meant that they could walk there and back with little worry.

The one thing that was exciting them was the forest that was opposite the school, hopefully they would be able to see if anyone went in there. They liked to hang out amongst the nature and do practically everything. When they lived with their cousin hey spent days on end in the forest , drawing, listening to music, writing, singing, dancing and just adventuring.

They had a few reasons to be upset by the new school, they couldn't pick the classes that they wanted to take because they joined so late and the uniforms. The uniforms were interesting to say the least. The twins very much doubted that they would be able to survive in school with these uniforms, they would be a puddle in the middle of the street.

The uniforms were a plain white button up shirt, purple cardigan or sweater vest, purple blazer and black skirt or pants. They wore a tie of blue and there was a patch on their blazer that held a lotus flower and the name of the school. The school was called 'Northwood Secondary school' though it was very obvious why it was called that.

The morning was a very quick one whilst the twins were in and out of the bathroom and running around. They were up in plenty of time but they still preferred to get ready as quick as they could in order to have some time to themselves before going to school. It was a kind of routine that they had gotten into . They would take turns using the bathroom and the bedroom and once they were done they would go downstairs to eat and either watch television or listen to music.

Hazel wasn't used to having people in the house but she adapted well. She had made them some toast before they got downstairs as they were rather noisy upstairs. Tyrell had to help Kelso with her tie, which Hazel found adorable , so adorable in fact she took a picture. Both of the twins groaned at the sight of the camera phone but smiled anyway. They had to admit that the other twin looked rather cute in the very strange uniform. The main cause of cuteness was the fact the uniforms were slightly too big for them, not so big that it restricted their movements but big enough to be a little obvious. They looked like they were year 7's instead of year 10's.

"Are you two excited?" Hazel asked the twins as she handed them some money to put on their lunch card. Tyrell replied with a huff and Kelso replied with a smile. Tyrell always found it difficult to make friends whilst Kelso found it really easy. It often occurred where Tyrell started to hang out with Kelso's friends and they got along pretty well. Tyrell was just a lot more reserved towards new people. Whilst Kelso was outright hyper and social, though she often held her anxieties and worries inside.

"Not at all...but we'll live" Kelso replied whilst putting her bag on her shoulder. The twins' bags had been with them for the past five years. Kelso's bag was a navy blue with a lot of pins on it, she had made the pins herself with shrink plastic and metal backings. The badges ranged from rainbows and cupcakes to teddy bears and guitars. On the other hand Tyrell had a dark galaxy backpack, it used to be plain black but he got a hold of some paint that he used to make the galaxy design. The backpacks represented Kelso and Tyrell rather well in their own opinion.

"Maybe...hopefully, less than likely." Tyrell replied with a poor excuse for a smile. They waved goodbye to their nanna as they left the house and looked through the window. It was the beginning of the second term so they weren't joining in the middle of a subject or anything. This cheered them up a little bit, though they knew they would still stick out like a sore thumb.

"Are we ready for this ty?" Kelso asked in an attempt to get reassurance from her brother, she knew that they would always be together if they needed to but they wanted to spend their first day separately, to see what kind of people they could get to know and attempt to make friends with.

"We don't have much of a choice." Tyrell replied lowly as he analysed the building that they were heading towards. It was one of the largest schools that they had been in, The amount of grass that the school owned and the length of path they had to walk down to the entrance filled them with dread each step they took. "But we will get through this, we only have one and a half years left." Tyrell tried to comfort them both by wrapping an arm around her shoulders as they walked to the office.

They greeted the receptionist with polite smiles and happy words. Turns out their plan was going to be much harder then they originally thought, they had all of the same classes. They could still sit on opposite sides of the room though they were near identical so the students would be able to tell that they were siblings instantly.

The school seemed larger on the inside then what they had expected, the reception was rather small though it was the size of two of their old classrooms. Once they exited through the glass doors they were met by a very large atrium, they could see the library above the many mint green tables. Tyrell and Kelso knew the moment that they stepped foot into the school that they would get sick of the colour mint green. There was mint green pillars and they could see that the floor upstairs , along with the stairs, was a vibrant shade of mint green.

Their day was...less interesting then they had hoped or expected , no one approached them on their first day. In some ways they were glad that it was uninteresting, the most interesting thing that happened was a broken plate. On the other hand they hadn't made any friends which upset Kelso a little bit, she had hoped that there would be someone other than her brother to talk to for the next year and a half. If Kelso was sad then Tyrell was sad, they only wanted the best for each other in the end. Though they made silent promises to each other that this year was going to be different, they would talk to new people and this move was going to be worth it.